"Taken care of?" she repeated, knowing that could have a very bloody meaning.

"Taken away. She shouldn't be getting this close."

"Oh, okay."

She wanted to ask if his mother was still considered family by Maksim's brothers, but didn't feel like it was the right place or time.

Maksim helped her into the car and turned back to his phone. She took the device, locked it, and tossed it onto a seat.

She needed to distract him away from the windows. The ride to the airport would be long, and Maksim would start asking questions if she did nothing about it.

Seeing no other option, she messed with the levers on his seat to recline it, and propped herself on his lap.

"Are you taking charge? I like this," he smirked. "Maybe you should be the mafia boss."

She rolled her eyes and touched his tie. "Can you teach me more Russian?"

"The PG way or the Rated R?"

By rated R, he was referring to the night he dove under her skirt and muttered Russian as he did obscenities to her.

"Why do you think of sex all the time?"

"Says the one who was watching me sweat on a treadmill."

She moaned her embarrassment and leaned in to rest her head on his shoulder.

"You really look beautiful tonight."

She smiled against his shoulder. "Thank you. Looks like the babies want some attention, too." She pressed the bump deeper into him, so he could feel the shifts inside it.

He inhaled her hair. "My boys look beautiful too."

"How do you say beautiful in Russian?"

"прекрасный."

"Uh... say that slower."

"Pre...kras...nyy."

She repeated it, but Maksim kept shaking his head. "No. Try again."

She repeated it ten times and got more disheartened with every attempt.

"One more time," he encouraged while staring at her mouth.

Seeing what he was up to, she stuck her tongue out. Maksim ducked his head and slurped her tongue.

Raelynn was hopeless against his lips. She grabbed his hips to stabilize herself and jumped when she felt something against his hip.

"Get that damn gun away from me."

"Good idea. Don't want you to shoot my dick off this time."

She gently patted his injured arm. "How's the pain?"

"I told you it was a scratch."

They talked for twenty minutes, with Maksim occasionally sneaking in sexual comments.

She remained on his lap and kept glancing out the window. Soon, they'd be at the airport.

They were at the half hour mark when Maksim noted, "what's taking them so long?"

He tried to sit up to look out the window, so she panicked and shoved him back down. Maksim was surprised, but didn't question her.

"Do you remember how we used to sit on the couch every day after work?"

He nodded.

"I never told you, but I always wondered if you kissed me and took me to bed because you got tired of my yapping."

Preg-NotOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara