Part 2

"Ugh," Rae groaned as she rolled off the bed. She looked like a grumpy, naked troll with her wild hair and slouched shoulders.

Maksim left her boneless.

She straightened and shrieked with newfound energy when Maksim cracked his hand down on her ass.

Suspecting that their play fight was about to escalade to a fresh round of sex, she ran into the bathroom and took a shower. She had to be at the restaurant in about an hour. Maksim typically dropped her off before heading to the hospital. Their routine was boring, and their jobs were depressing, but they had a way of coloring the lines with their teasing and touches.

They met in college, where grouchy, tatted, and shameless Maksim decided that he wanted to stare at her instead of their professor. Naturally, Raelynn wasn't all gooey-eyes, hand-fanning, and blushing. She was creeped out. Maksim was never good with words, so he couldn't communicate that he had no interest in becoming the next Ted Bundy.

It all started with the spilling of a drink, profusely apologizing, offering to pay for dry cleaning, and sending prayers to three different deities.

Maksim forgave the spill, and in that rich accented voice of his commented, "it looks like some Sprite got on you." He pointed to her sweaty forehead.

"Yep," she said, before proceeding to wipe off the 'Sprite.'

"I should go. I wouldn't want to keep you from your..."

Next murder.

"Next class."

"Wait..." He pursed his lips, looking frustrated. The war between his scrunched brows made her send another quick prayer.

"Date," he said.

She raised her eyebrows. "Uh... I think today is the 15th?"

"No. I mean..." he stopped, looking frustrated.

"You mean the day? It's Wednesday."

"Woman," he exhaled.

Did he really address her as woman? She didn't know if she should find this condescending or hot.

"Look... I should go. Again, I'm sorry about the spill." She shifted her bookbag to her other shoulder and gave him a final scan before leaving.

It was another week until he saw him again. That time, she had the courage to come up to him after class ended. He was sitting on a desk that was far too small for him. His legs were casually open, swallowing the isle.

As she approached, she felt like a naughty child walking into the principal's office.

"Hey, Maksim."

He closed his laptop and stood up, reminding both her and the chair that they were ants compared to him.

"Hello."

"Well, they were handing these out at student life earlier, and I got one for you." She held out a little calendar. "I felt bad about spilling all over you, so I figured this was the least I could do. It will help you keep track of the days."

She heard a rumbling, deep, sound. It was like an engine, but it was actually Maksim's laughter.

"I did not ask you for the date last week. I asked for a date with you."

"Oh." She blinked, lowering her arm. "Oh..."

Her English evaporated.

Maksim took the calendar from her, and his warm hand skimmed over hers. She was left craving the inky pollution he had on his flesh.

He picked up his pen, dwarfing it with his hand. Then, in sloppy, bold digits, he wrote his number on the calendar and circled one of the Saturdays.

"You will call me."

With that declaration, he slipped the calendar into her hand, picked up his belongings, and left.

Of course she called, and dated him, and slept with him, and moved in with him. Which sane girl wouldn't? If Maksim was a serial killer, then she was a volunteering tribute.

She realized she was in love with him when he decided to drop out of college and pick up a second job so they could meet the bills. Actions spoke louder than words. Although Maksim didn't have the most sophisticated vocabulary, although he had a thick accent, and although his chest had more words inked on it than he used in his average sentences, he showed her that he was a good man.

"Rae, hurry."

She snapped out of her thoughts. "Coming baby!"

"Again? I thought you would be too tired after this morning."

She rolled her eyes.

Arrogant, sexy, bastard.

She dried off and dodged Maksim's reaching hands. She quickly changed into her uniform. "Shit. I forgot to do my homework last night."

"You should know better," Maksim said sternly. She didn't blame him for being upset. The only reason he dropped out was to help support her.

"I'll do it at lunch." She grabbed her bookbag and purse. "What are you waiting for, Mak? Go take a shower."

"No," he smirked. "I want to feel your juices wrapped around my cock all day."

"Gross!"

She picked up a banana for breakfast and went outside.

"You sure like bananas," he commented.

"Stop acting like a teenager!"

He chuckled and followed her into the car. His first shift was at the hospital, where he worked security. Maksim was a very intelligent guy, but front-end jobs like customer service were his weaknesses. He couldn't work with her at the restaurant because he wouldn't hesitate to haul a customer out of a window.

She knew because that's exactly what happened about four months ago. Now, they were dealing with lawsuit charges.

Yeah, money was tight.

He parked the car outside the restaurant and lowered the radio. "Do not work too hard," he warned.

"Okay. Bye, baby."

When she leaned in to kiss him, he gently cupped her jaw. "I mean it. I saw the blisters on your feet." He kissed her. "I will miss you."

She squeezed him into a hug. They had to cut their cell service last week because the bill was killing them. Now, they had to wait hours before getting another taste of each other.

"I'll miss you too. But hey, at least you'll have me wrapped around your dick, you weirdo."

She slipped out of the car, sending him a wink through the window. "Enjoy me!"

"I will, tonight," he threw after her.

She laughed and went indoors. The day was awfully busy. Customers of all attitudes came in and out, some making her smile and others making her want to make Maksim proud by hauling them out of a window.

She rushed to her latest table. It didn't have her typical customers. They wore leather, tattoos, and leers. She knew better than to judge, though. Maksim looked a lot like these guys, but he was a sweetheart.

"Welcome to Robin's. What can I get for you?"

A man smirked, probably about to deliver a lewd comment. He looked away when one of his buddies gripped his wrist.

"Better leave that one alone, Snake."

"Why?"

"Russian pussy. I don't want to deal with those crazy motherfuckers."

After that, all the men were on their best behavior. Rae rushed through their orders, feeling confused.

Russian pussy? She wasn't Russian.

Huh, maybe I'm picking up Maksim's accent.