𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 -- 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒

Estelle was all over the place, rushing. She'd been practicing spells with Remus for today, the day she and the other champions would face the first task of the Triwizard Tournament.

She practically sprinted to the tent in which the other champions, Diggory, Krum and Delacour were in, along with Mr.Crouch, Barty's father who was the minister of magic.

Each of the competing champions wore a certain 'sports uniform' almost. Krum's was Red, Fleur's a certain light shade of blue and white, Cedric's Yellow and Black, and Estelle's Green and Black.

Fleur sat on a bench anxiously, whereas Krum was being cocky and overly confident. Estelle leaned on a chair, waiting, and Cedric paced around.

They were doing practically nothing waiting for the stands to fill up, that was until Rita Skeeter and her camera-man came bursting in. Estelle could tell Rita was bad news, or better phrased — gossip and lies. She'd known that since the first interview after her selection for the tournament which did not go well at all.

She had oddly, curly styled white hair, a green skirt and top set made of velvet, about a billion layers of cosmetics on her face, and the bitchiest look on her face that matched her bitchy walk.

Estelle fixed her own stance, and watched as her pen began to write practically every word she spoke, giving each person a mini pre-interview and an emotional scan which was doubtfully accurate or true.

Prime Minister Crouch tried to shoo her out, but she wouldn't give up until she got something on everyone, including Estelle.

"Why, you look fairly young for your age — Estelle Black" Rita spoke, her camera-man taking a photo of Estelle looking quite annoyed. "And you look fairly old for your age" Estelle snapped back, the others snorted and laughed.

Rita stifled her spiteful scoff, cursing underneath her breath. "Moving on, you are — if I recall — twelve years old, yes?" Rita said more than asked, "Fourteen" she corrected. Rita rolled her eyes, her little pen and notepad writing down twelve anyways."Right, and— Estelle, how are you feeling about this first challenge today? Nervous, scared, brave- "

"I never wanted to compete in this Tournament." Estelle cut her off, crossing her arms. Rita let out an audible this time, "Well darling, surely you're feeling something. Either you can straightly extract it from your... facial expression and body language" she tried to make herself seem professional but all it did was make her sound stupid.

"Let me tell you, then. Indifferent. You can leave now" Estelle nodded her head to the tent's exit, and Rita stormed out in annoyance, that horrid grin wiped off her red colored lips.

But just then came in Dumbledore, "Alright, the moment you have been waiting for, the most important part" He stood beside Mr.Crouch who held a small pouch. "Now, champions, gather around me in a circle" said Mr.Crouch, all they all formed a circle with him.

"First, Miss Delacour, if you will — " Crouch opened the pouch, and Fleur hesitated as she reached her hand in and quickly pulled it back out, holding a tiny, green-ish colored dragon by it's tail. "The Welsh green", Fleur looked up at Madame Maximme with terror.

"Mr.Krum —" Victor Krum reached into the pouch next, "A Chinese Fireball, ooh" Crouch nodded. Cedric Diggory pulled out a dragon afterhim, "A Swedish Short-Snout, which leaves..." Crouch faced Estelle.

She reached into the pouch, slightly wincing as she pulled out a familiar spiked dragon, "The Hungarian Hornatil".

"These represent four very large, very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect" Crouch explains, "Your objective is simple — collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue, without which you cannot hope to proceed in the next task"

Everyone went dead silent. "Any questions?" Asked Crouch, but nobody answered. "Very well, good luck, champions" Said Dumbledore, "Mr.Diggory, at the sound of the cannon you may- ", but the sound of the giant cannon had already set off, as well as the cheers of students in the crowd.

Cedric went out, but before he did, he made sure to give a slight nod to Estelle as a way to wish them both luck. After that, all Estelle had to do was wait until her turn, doing nothing but listening to the cheers and screams of others from outside.

It was only a matter of time before she was the only one left in the tent, thinking to herself when Dumbledore announced — "Three of our champions have now faced their dragons, and so each one of them shall proceed to the next task. And now, our fourth and final contestant"

Estelle took this as her cue to step out of the tent and onto the rocky environment around her, students circled around, talking and shouting.

"Fucks sake.. hope she loses" Mattheo snorted to his friends in the crowd. "Bet you five galleons she gets burnt" smirked Theodore. "Bet's on"

Estelle looked around, spotting Remus and Moody sitting by each other in the crowd. She gave Remus a nod and stood brave. She took a deep breath, "for Sirius" she whispered to herself.

The crowd grew silent and Estelle spotted the egg on the top of the rock slightly in the distance, the dragon still nowhere to be found.

She made a run for it, slipping as she felt the ground rumble beneath her, the dragons tail hit against the rocks just beside her. Estelle's eyes widened, running backwards while the dragon shot burning flames of fire out of its mouth, missing her by just inches.

She ran and jumped across to the other side, but the dragon flew above her and hit its tail again, aiming for her. The force broke the rocks she clinged onto, sliding her down and making her roll to the floor.

Everyone was gasping, yelling and watching shocked. Estelle hit her head hard on a sharp rock, but she was not going to let than stop her. She stood up quickly, hand on the bleeding area, and ran towards the other side of the rocky pit, away from the egg as she reached for her wand in her pocket.

"Fucking stupid" Draco rolled his eyes, "Come on! You're away from the egg now!" Yelled Lorenzo, acting as if he'd be able to do better, but that would be doubtful.

The dragon hit its tail aiming for her again, only this time, it his the ground with a strong force. "Agh!" Estelle groaned, slipping back onto the floor. The sleeves of her outfit were now scratched and had holes in them, exposing the new scratches she'd now acquired from it. The side of her face was bloody and all dirty, as well as her hands.

She helped herself to her feet again, running upwards towards the golden egg with a pant. She looked behind her, and the dragon was only getting closer. "Come on, come on, Elle" Remus chanted from the crowd.

She slightly slipped, snd that slowed her down for a few seconds, enabling the Hungarian Horntail to burn the back of her foot with its fiery flames from its mouth.

"Shit!" Estelle whimpered loudly, tripping down, and she began to hit the pants of her outfit to turn the flame off, which worked, but the back of her foot was burnt. Mattheo chuckled as he pressed his tongue against his inner cheek, handing the five galleons to Theodore, who was laughing with Blaise.

Estelle struggled to stand up, gripping her wand better as she casted, "Accio broom!", which came to her aid almost immediately. The dragon followed her up into the air, and Estelle spun in circles to trap it. The spiked dragon followed her movements.

But then, Estelle shot down and grabbed the golden egg, flying back high into the sky where the dragon couldn't reach because of its chain restraints.

People cheered and some booed, some being Mattheo and his group, but Estelle stayed in the air on her broom and she breathed heavily in pain.

// I know it's easter, but I managed time to wrote anyways. Lmk if you guys have any suggestions that I should add to the story's plot later on. HAPPY EASTER!! Xx