𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞?

As winter began to approach, word of a certain Christmas ball flew around the school, only for it to come true.

It was last period on a casual school day, when every student in third year and above was gathered in a large classroom, Professor McGonagall along with a record player being in the empty center of the room.

"Ahem!" McGonagall attrapted the attention of all the talking students, silencing them. "The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." She began to explain.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance"

Murmurs echoed in the room as well as the giggles of certain girls and snickers and snorts coming from the boys. "Seriously? A dance?" Scoffed Mattheo, "Who on Earth would I take?!" worried Lorenzo.

"Silence!", the room went quiet again. "The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single thing, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons"

Fred Weasley, leaning against the wall beside his twin brother George, smirked. "Try saying that five times fast, huh?" he snickered quietly. And as George whispered to his brother idiotically, McGonagall continued to explain.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe." She moved her arms dramatically, turning to the side of the girls, "Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight"

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan" Laughed Ron Weasley quietly to Seamus Finnigan and Harry Potter, grabbing McGonagall's attention as the Slytherin boys began to snicker as well.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr.Weasley?" McGonagall walked forth to Ron's seat, "yes?" He said ashamedly, lowering his head, Estelle scoffed to herself.

"Will you join me, please?", Ron kept still, embarrassed, "Well then, how about... " she turned to Theodore, "You, Mr.Nott, because I presume should be a good dancer if that's why you're laughing so much"

Theodore's eyes widened, whereas Mattheo and Draco laughed, pushing the lanky boy up from his seat. As Theodore joined McGonagall in the center of the room. She instructed, "Now put your right hand on my waist"

"Where?" Theodore stifled a chuckle, slightly flabbergasted. "My waist, Nott" she grabbed his hand and placed it on her waist herself.

Estelle wolf-whistled teasingly, getting a rise out of Theodore, but being right next to Professor McGonagall he managed to maintain his annoyance, earning him a few chuckles from his friends.

"Extend your arm — " McGonagall practically did it all herself, and Theodore so desperately tried to pull away due to another wolf-whistle from one of the Weasley twins, if not both.

"Now, Mr.Filch, if you please" Filch from across the room approached to turn the record player on, beginning the classical music that filled the room.

"Now — one, two, three - one, two, three- " McGonagall danced in a certain pattern to the rhythm of the classical song, and Theodore moved around stiffly, making his friends laugh.

"Oi" Fred slowly leaned down to speak to Mattheo, "you're never going to let him forget this, are you?" He snickered, "Never" smirked Mattheo. Due to the Weasley twins and Mattheo having pretty much the same personality, they got along a bit.