𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

It was a normal summer day at the Riddle manor. The dark lord constantly ordering deatheaters around, Sirius and Bellatrix fighting and acting foolish with Barty and Remus watching simply amused, and of course — Mattheo sitting around with his mates Draco, Lorenzo, Theodore and Blaise.

A very normal day, normal until Mattheo and his friends began to hear the sound of incoherent choked up sobs coming from the meeting room. "Am I hallucinating or is someone crying?" Lorenzo raised a brow.

"I don't think you are" Mattheo became intrigued. "You guys stay here, I'll be back in a minute" he muttered, leaving to the room next door.

"Father?" Mattheo questioned, opening the door to find Sirius, Remus and Bellatrix surrounding something — someone.

That someone was a quite young girl. She was all wet and her clothes were bloody as well. She was the one crying, and so was Sirius. Nobody had ever seen Sirius cry, not until today at least.

"Mattheo, leave" Tom ordered, yet Mattheo was curious. "Father, who's that? What's going on?" He kept asking, "I'll explain it later, now leave." Tom repeated, and that was enough to make Mattheo leave, but the questions in his bead never stopped generating.

Who was that? Why was she covered in blood? Why were Sirius and she crying?

He decided to shrug it off, retuning back to his friends in the dark, dull living room. "Well?" Draco raised a brow, "It's nothing, just ignore it" Mattheo replied, plopping back down onto the couch beside Theodore.

"You sure, mate? Sounded quite serious" Blaise asked, "It's nothing, I swear. Just some girl was there and she was crying I guess" Mattheo explained, "Oh? Strange girl then" Draco raised a brow. "Anyways, what time should I be at the station tomorrow?" Theodore questioned.

Oh yes, the upcoming week would be the beginning of the boys's fourth year at Hogwarts. "I'm not sure. What I am sure of, though, is that I don't want to go" Mattheo chuckled.

"Come on mate, Hogwarts isn't that bad now" Lorenzo disagreed. Lorenzo was mostly the smarter — if not the smartest — member of the group. He wasn't a nerd, nor did he completely enjoy studying, but he somehow always managed to get amazing grades.

"Says the guy who got a fucking 93% on their final exam last year" Blaise rolled his eyes. He, Lorenzo and Draco mostly got the good grades in the group.

"Whatever, all I'm saying is that I'm not excited for Astronomy with Professor Sinistra again" Mattheo mimicked the professor's voice with a chuckle, "You're not excited for any class again" Theodore joked, making them all laugh. "Not true! I do like one part of Hogwarts", "Which is?", "Eating time" they all burst into fits of laughter.

- - -

"Father?" Mattheo peeked into his father's office a few nights after his friends left, wanting the answers to his questions before.

"Mattheo" Tom looked up from the newest edition of the Daily Prophet, "You should be asleep. Hogwarts tomorrow" Tom continued sternly. "Yeah, I know..." Mattheo took a better look at the article, noticing the headline.

'REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK DEAD AND A SUPPOSED DEATH EATER'

Mattheo was a bit surprised to say the least, raising his brows. Regulus Black was Sirius's brother who'd moved to France long ago with his daughter for a quest, but ended up staying there and remained loyal, completing other missions there as well.

"Regulus was meant to come here only for a few days with his daughter to retrieve my locket horcrux. As I told you a few days ago, I've decided to keep them all safe here in the manor and we couldn't really tell what happened. Estelle was so shaken up she couldn't even speak or breathe properly" Tom answered the question in Mattheo's head.

But he was confused, 'Estelle?' Mattheo thought to himself, "Yes, Estelle Black, Regulus's daughter. I'm pretty sure you've seen her only once before around the age of eight, but it doesn't matter anyways" Tom read his mind easily — he would do that often.

"Oh..." Mattheo's gaze softened in slight sympathy, "And the mission failed" Tom sighed, rubbing at his temples. "Anyways, you've got to get used to being up early. Goodnight, Mattheo" Tom took a sip from his cup of tea, holding the article back up, "Goodnight, Father" Mattheo nodded slightly before going upstairs to his bedroom.

He packed the last, tiny things he would need for Hogwarts because he knew he'd wake up late tomorrow. He closed his trunk and sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking to himself how he didn't want to go back to Hogwarts again.

// sorry the first chapter is a bit short guys, but I want to separate it from the next one or else it would be too much. Xx