Sunshine Machine (suggestive)

Start from the beginning

"I do. Can I play it for you?" He asked you hopefully. "I don't think there's anything I need help with at the minute but thank you," he added.

You chuckled. He was so sweet. "Of course you can play it for me handsome."

He smiled and blushed a little.

"Thanks... er..." he said, as he turned from you and headed through the heavy double doors, holding them open for you to follow him which you did. Picking up his signature silver Gib, he sat down at a piano stool, crossed his leg and placed the guitar on his lap.

You stood next to him, enjoying watching him get ready to play. Looking up at you, he smiled softly at you.

"Okay, I was thinking something like..." he played a couple of chords. "Er... wait no, no I mean..." he changed the last few.

You gazed at him. He looked so handsome in his denim jacket and his cap. It baffled you how you'd managed to get a boyfriend as perfect as him. He really was everything you wanted.

"In terms of lyrics..." Patrick said, dragging you from your train of thought and bringing you back to your senses. "I wad thinking quite a blusey feel." He felt blindly on top of the piano behind him and got a scrap of paper where he'd written some words.

He glanced up at you. "Shall I sing?"

Nodding, you said, "yes please."

"Okay..." he saod hesitantly, his stunning eyes scanning the paper quickly in his hand befire he began tapping his foot and nodding his head. "Mmh... mama, If we don't take our medication, we won't sleep for days, we won't sleep for days... and mama, when we pray to the Lord, does he sing on a stage..." he sung the lyrics on the paper in his recognisable soul voice.

"...I want to get stuck... I want to get stuck..." he continued, slapping his thigh after those lines as a kind of percussion.

When he finished he said, "I'm gonna sing thr lyrics with the guitar...".

While you enjoyed hearing thrm both together, you had to admit... "I think I preferred just the singing on its own. It seemed more authentic."

Patrick looked a little surprised. "Did you?"

You nodded. "Yeah, it seemed more inkeeping with the blues style."

Patrick pulled a face. "Oh really? You mean my guitar playing isn't very good?" He said jokingly.

"No-"

"You're saying it's not as good as yours?" He stood up, putting his guitar in its stand.

"No!" You laughed.

"You're saying Joe is better than me?" He said, opening his mouth in fake shock as he walked slowly closer to you.

You chuckled. "No! Patrick you know I didn't!" You backed up against the wall a little. You knew he was just being his usual joking self.

"You're saying you don't like my sideburns?" He contained to gwt closer but you had nowhere to back up too, you were flat against the wall.

"What?" You said, scoffing. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"Ah, so what you're saying is, I need to get a buzz cut and just leave my sideburns?" Putting his hand against the wall next to your head, he leaned in, his face very close to yours.