Chapter Eleven: Officer Max

Start from the beginning

Few minutes later, Mr. Smith, the CIO stepped into the sitting room and I stood to greet him.

"Good day sir." I said, stretching forth my hand for a handshake.

This he complied to without hesitation. 

"Good day Mr. Anthony. How have you been?" He answered casually.

"I've been doing great sir, thank you for asking." I replied with a smile.

"I would have stayed to have some tea with you but there's an emergency at the office and as the CIO, I'm needed."He said picking up his suitcase to leave.

"But you just returned from work. I thousand you've closed for the day, sir?" I asked looking for a way to initiate the plan of asking him to allow me go with him to the office.

"The CCIA, never closes from work and as the CIO, my work load is doubled so, I'll have to answer anytime am being called upon." He said preparing heading to the front door.

"Wait sir!"

"What is that, young man?" He inquired looking disturbed by me.

"I was wondering if I could come with you to the base. I wanna know more about you guys because I want to be like you." I said trying to be very polite.

"Oh that's so nice of you but I'm sorry, that won't be possible." He said opening the door.

"Why, sir?" I asked following him out.

"Because, we aren't allowing anyone to know our plans. We don't know who the enemies are See you later, Son." Mr. Smith said then started to walk over to where his car was parked.

"But I'm not a stranger to you! Am I?" I shouted as he had already gone far away from where I was standing.

"No you're not. But the rules must be adhered to! See you later, Max, am late for work." He said and sped off down the road.

When I came back and shut the door, Mary saw me and started laughing.

"Told you it wasn't going to work. Didn't I ?" She asked.

"You did. Let's put that aside for now please. So what did we do?" I asked.

"Follow my previous plan." She answered making me feel defeated.

"But how?"

" figure it out, yourself big boy." She replied laughing so hard making me question her sanity.

After some moments of silence, she put a movie and we began to watch.

About an hour later, her mom called her.

"Mary, your dad said you should get him the laptop he left on the table. Bring it to his office right away. He needs it now."

" He always does!" She shouted to her mom's hearing then put her voice low and said, " see, that's the plan.I win."

" But you didn't even know he was gonna leave the house!"

" Says the boy without a plan." She said laughing hard again.

Mary took the laptop and left for his dad's office. Then I sat back to watch some movies.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" That was Maya. She was back and I slept off while watching the movie.

"Did you check your phone?" She asked.

"Nope. Why?" I asked.

"Because I sent the pictures to you then went over to my friend, Ella's place to have some fun.

" How would I when I've been asleep all this while?" I asked taking out my phone from my pocket.

"I don't think it's how detectives should sleep on duty, officer Max." Maya said mockingly and I threw my pillow at her.

"Wait, you did it!" I shouted happily "but how come? How did you do it?"

"You don't need to know, just did my thing." She answered dully.

I saw the photos she sent and that was it. Mission one, accomplished! Immediately, I sent them to Maya. She would have been so happy to have them, even earlier.

"Well, I need to get home before it gets dark. Thanks for the files."

"Goodnight then."

"Goodnight,see you tomorrow."

"Maybe."