Chapter one: Sleepless Nights

LUKE
_____________________________

It's one-thirty already and no sign of sleep can be found in me. This has been going on for days now and I think I might be hurting myself but I don't really care.

Like seriously! Who in their right senses would be in a city where there is no peace and still find it worthwhile to sleep in the night? Well, I'm aware some people still do but that's the people I call stupid! Sleeping when you don't know the next action of our latest unknown celebrity, the Mr. Dark Figure who has made life in Ceno City like hell for us.

Recently this week, I've lost about three classmates of mine to the dark and it seems pretty much confusing since the three of them aren't even party- like people, they aren't even social! So why or how the hell did they get to do outside to the extent of being kidnapped by someone that can't even be identified after serious of search by the police and the best detectives in the city.

Such thoughts baffles me a lot.

One of the incidents that occurred just this week was so unimaginable.

How can you explain that you were with your kids in their room telling them bedtime stories which they prefer with the lights off, then when you're done and reaches the door, turning to tell them goodbye you finds out that the kids are nowhere to be found leaving no traces behind.

The police and detectives that were summoned had no evidence to go home with!

Well if this isn't a ghost haunt and it turns out to be a human then, such a person must be talented in his work.

What if he come for my family? Then he should take me! It's not like am too important to them anyway but the love is still there. My mom, Dad, lil bro and sister Sam and Maurine and my elder sister Mary are like all I have and don't want anything and when I say anything I mean anything to take them away from me not even Mr. Dark. They're my Fam even though they can be troublesome sometimes.

Well I do have a couple of friends too but this incident of kidnapping has made them scarce nowadays.

What can I say? which parent in their right senses would leave their child in this dark time?

My parents don'teven think I should leave the house without permission so everyday I get stuck with Mary who isn't fun at all to guide me everywhere I go.

What! I just turned 16 last week and they still don't think am an adult!
Where did all the sweet sixteen dreams go to?

Nevertheless I still believe it's due to the problem at hand and I still need a plan for it or maybe I just need some sleep.

——————————————
Author's note

That's all for chapter one. Hope you loved it ?
Don't hesitate to correct me where  you feel like am getting it wrong .
Your Votes and comments will be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks everyone 💜