None of the ceremony details really matter to me. We're having it outside by the lake at dusk, just as the moon appears. A twelve-course dinner is planned for before the ceremony and coronation.

Maggie has planned everything down to the second. I have a dress for dinner, a gown for the ceremonies and another dress for the reception afterward.

Not counting our small group of trusted friends, we're expecting ten people.

"Jo? Did you hear me?"

"What? No, sorry..." I realize I wasn't paying attention to Maggie at all.

"It's alright, We've all been distracted lately," she links her arm with mine, "how are you feeling about tomorrow?"

"I'm nervous but I'm also excited," my heart pounds in my chest just thinking about it.

"Everyone is going to love you, you know," she squeezes my hand like she can read my mind. Ever since he marked me my bond with Maggie has gotten stronger, not just mine and his.

"I hope so," I smile but my voice shakes. I'm worried that I will let everyone down. I'm not from a royal lineage like Linc, this doesn't come naturally to me.

"He chose you, Jo. You know how seriously he takes his position, he wouldn't take a mate that he didn't think was strong enough to be his Luna. You are. You will do fine. Now, go shower and I'll meet you in your old room for the final fitting!"

I hurry through my shower, not wanting to keep anyone waiting. When I enter my old bedroom it's almost unrecognizable. It has been turned into a party planning hub and there are decorations and supplies everywhere.

Nabila jumps up, "There she is!" She pulls me into a tight hug, "I flew in a day early, I wanted to bring you something!"

She grabs a small pink silk box from the table and hands it to me.

The box looks old, well maintained but definitely antique.

"It's from a friend of mine, a very old vampire that lives here in our Kingdom. It belonged to his mother, centuries ago. Linc has taken care of him over the years and he wanted you, specifically, to have it."

I hesitate before pulling the lid from the box and peering inside. A diamond-encrusted tiara sits on a small pillow. There is one, rather large ruby stone in the center, surrounded by shimmering diamonds.

"Oh my... wow..."

"It's stunning!" Maggie has a huge smile on her face, I can almost hear her mind turning.

"I have the perfect hairstyle that will work with that!"

"Let's see the dress!" Nabila jumps up excitedly to help Maggie carry in the pieces.

The dress is much simpler than Maggie originally wanted but it's absolutely perfect in my eyes. It's a cream-colored silk slip under a sheer lace a-line dress.

With their help, I slide into the dress and I can't believe how flawlessly the seamstress interpreted my idea. Staring back at my reflection I feel like a princess, for the first time, it doesn't seem crazy that I am going to be the Luna Queen.

"Josephine, Linc is going to pass out when he sees you in this!"

"You look absolutely incredible!"

After trying on the dinner dress they beg me to have a girls night sleepover.

"Don't you dare agree to that," Linc's voice growls in my mind.

"I'll sneak out once they're asleep," I can't help but laugh, I knew he would respond that way.

"Fuck," he groans and I laugh out loud, blushing when the girls start laughing.

"I'm still not used to the mind link. I forgot to laugh in my head sometimes..." I try to explain.

"It's alright, Luna, let's go to the kitchen, I brought wine and ice cream," Nabila grabs my arm.

Sneaking out might be harder than I thought.

Want more of The Fairytales? Read 5 completed books in this series, plus get access to over 30 adult romance titles on my Patreon (patreon.com/MyrandaRae) !

Updates weekly: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

--