xii. prefect badge

xii | prefect badge

xii | prefect badge

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

          "𝕮eleste. Letter for you." Nedra called, swiping through the letters as she handed one over to her friend. Celeste looked up from where she was doing the crossword in Amelie's Daily Prophet to take it. "Who's it from?"

"I'm not sure." Celeste shrugged. It was heavy, and there was something sliding from side to side inside it. She opened it up, before growing confused at the sight of the dark green prefect badge inside of it.

"So?" Fran leant towards her. "What is it?"

"A prefect badge." Celeste took it out, showing her friends. She had always wanted to be a prefect in her own time, as it was something that her mother had been, and she was happy, in a sense, to have it now albeit a little confused. Pulling the letter out, she read the note quickly.

To Miss Baker,

We are delighted to inform you that you have been chosen to be the new sixth year women's prefect. Enclosed is a Prefect badge, your rounds will be sent to you within the next few days.

Professor Dumbledore

Looking up, Celeste found Dumbledore at the head table, catching his eyes for a moment. He was meddling, but she couldn't say that this wasn't useful. Riddle was a prefect. Perhaps, if she was on prefect rounds, she could catch him doing something illicit and get his power reduced, or perhaps expelled with his wand broken. That would help to stop him, it would prevent him from using magic at least and lead to him being shunned from the pure blood community, which would prevent him from being able to use their money and support in the future.

"Put it on then." Walburga nudged her, as Celeste pinned the badge to the left side of her robes, grinning slightly as her friends cheered her on, nudging her and making her laugh.

"Whatever shall we do in the presence of such authority?" Nedra pretended to stumble as they got up, ready to start heading for the library to get their work done.

They walked past the sixth year boys, still giggling.

"Is that...my, my Celeste Baker. Going up in the world, huh?" Abraxas jabbed. "Prefect?"

"Absolutely. I'll be using and abusing my power just like any corrupt politician would." Celeste called back. "Can I ask your father for tips?"

The other boys began to laugh, the girls cackling too at her comment. She winked at the man, taking note of the annoyed look on Riddle's face at the sight of the badge. He didn't look impressed, but quite frankly, she couldn't bring herself to care about any of that.

"Why'd you get it?" Nott questioned.

"For my superb academic performance." Celeste shrugged her shoulders. "Says so in the letter that came with it."

Melpomene → T. Riddleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें