Chapter 1

Author's POV

The hot scorching sun is making his race suit sticks to his skin as he braces himself for the red light to turn green indicating the start of the race. To no surprise a special alpha with heightened senses like Babe could easily have a jump start compared to other racers.

As the race begins, Babe skilfully drives off into the race track leaving the others in the dust with a wide gap. Thanks to his ability, his skill and not to forget P'Alan's strategy (let's give the man a little gratitude because Babe will never admit) that he had followed.

Babe manoeuvres into the corners as he handles each curves perfectly making it looks as if he's driving on a chill drive not driving a 200km/h heavy race car. Leading him towards the end line and soon crossing it making him yet again the King of the Hallows.

That wrapped up his race for this season and all he wanted to do was sleep, go out to parties and fuck. Well let's not leave out the part where Babe is well known to be the town's playboy. He change partners like he changes his clothes and trust me when I said that man have A LOT of clothes.

"Man as always your race was amazing!", P'Alan greeted him as soon as he got out of his race car.

"I gotta admit, you're pretty good at what you're doing.", A new voice joined them.

"Is that a compliment from the King of the Void?", Babe raised his eyebrow challengingly.

"If that's what you want it to be. Anyway, it's only fair for you to come watch me race tonight too.", the newcomer pats Babe on the shoulder before continuing. "All of you are invited too. I'll make sure all the X-Hunter team will be in the vvip list."

"Yeah sure, as long as there's drinks afterwards.", Babe shrugs while the rest of X-Hunter team cheers.

"No worries, Babe. Not only drinks. There's also a bunch of alphas you can pick and choose to fuck with.", he leans closer to Babe ears which earned him a smirk and a light push from the latter.

"You know me so well, Pai. I'll be there."

As Babe is walking past the rest of the team he noticed an awkward looking boy standing on the side of the stand, seemingly waiting for someone under the heat of the sun. The odd thing was that he's wearing a black hat, a black mask plus a thick baby blue sweater with jeans.

'Is he crazy or does he want to die due to overheating?', Babe thought to himself.

He could certainly feel that boy's eyes following his move as he walked past but he ignores it and proudly walks away to the locker room.

*****

The clock strikes 12 and that's when the raving engines of motorbikes starts. At this time, usually the road will be empty and peaceful but not tonight. The rowdy crowds makes the street even more lively.

Babe and the X-Hunter team gathers at the entrance, easily gaining access to the Midnight Race as their names were already listed as VVIPs just like Pai said. They're immediately greeted by Pai as soon as they walk in and they're guided towards the repair and rest area of Pai's team.

"I'm glad you guys could make it. This is my team, Daredevils and gang this is X-Hunter team.", Pai introduced them. "Oh and this is the owner of the team as well as the repairman, Venice."

"Thanks, cuz. Just call me Ven. Nice to meet you guys. I hope you'll enjoy the race tonight.", Venice waves a little, his friendly face caught Babe's eyes but not for long as a small guy quickly jumps into his arms.

"Oh and this is Rain, my mate.", Ven added as he returns the hug.

'Mate?' Babe thought.

Babe never understood the concept of having a mate. He doesn't believe that he'll magically out of nowhere will fall in love with someone just because destiny decided they're meant for each other. It's nonsense to him.