Chapter 4: A disastrous meeting

After hearing word that the Republican government had sent advisors to disputed territory along with the Neutral Zone which was established prior to the Secessionist Revolution, Dark Federation leaders are angered by this turn of events.

In the Republican capital city, a furious Lord Dark along with many members of the Dark Federation Council now take control of the palace and demand that they pull all Republican troops out of the area.

To their surprise, the Republican government refuses to accept the terms thus marking the start of the deadliest war known in Haydonian history.

(Republican Executive Office)

(Republican Security Forces Police Car)

(Dark Federation limo)

(Inside the executive building)

President Hayden: I suppose that sending in advisors to disputed territory was not such a good idea huh?

Senator: I disagree your excellency! Had we not
Sent aid to that region, more and more factions would be on the side of the Dark Federation.

Senator 2: I agree, these secessionist are lying scumbags and they tend to lie over everything these days!

Senator 3: I agree, I'm sure they will do everything in their power to keep themselves alive! And they will do it in any means necessary!

President Hayden: I just hope that this meeting goes well. We already have a divided Haydonia, border tensions, and lots of problems here and there!

Senator John Wither: I don't think it will matter, I am sure that whatever happens is not going to be good!

Presidential Advisor: They are here sir?

President Hayden: The press?

Presidential Advisor: Not just them, Lord Dark and his most trusted senators have just arrived!

President Hayden: Well then, let us make another fantastic debate about how to keep Haydonia divided I guess?

Senator: Good one, sir!

News Anchor: Breaking News- Everyone is holding their breaths and hands today and we also advise you to close and cross your fingers through this because today is the day where another meeting between Republican and Dark Federation leaders takes place. Crowds have gathered at the executive office to witness this televised meeting and everyone is hoping for some good news!

President Hayden: When I first got elected as president of the this fine republic, I did not anticipate that I would be more of a wartime leader.

Senator: Well, without you sir, my people would still be suffering from drug lords and rising criminal factions! You saved many people including me!

President Hayden: I suppose I did but never before had Haydonia ever have a crisis this big! I just hope this doesn't go bad!

(5 minutes later)

Lord Dark: MR PRESIDENT!!!!

President Hayden:(inner thoughts) I stand corrected.

Lord Dark: MY ALLIES HAVE BEEN GETTING WORD THAT YOU SENT ADVISORS TO THE KINGDOM OF REALMANIA!!! WHICH BY THE WAY IS IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE!!! CARE TO EXPLAIN YOUR ACTIONS?!

President Hayden: They simply requested for assistance against Pro-Secessionists that were raiding and pillaging towns and we came to them! It was to help them defend themselves against "Hostile Forces!"

Lord Dark: DON'T YOU REMEMBER THE TREATY?! No republicans in that sector!!!

President Hayden: It also said that there was to be NO Dark Federation there either but you sure had placed that over there!

Senator: Yes, and we've been getting word that you have been occupying territory and placing puppet leaders within the Neutral Zones!

Senator 2: Yeah! And even so, you've cut off supplies and roads leading up to anywhere in Haydonia! Millions are starving because of it!

Secessionist: We prefer the term of "liberation!"

Senator: Care to elaborate?!

Secessionist: Gladly, Republican scum! We are liberating them from the tyranny of the republic!!!

Senator: The Republic is not TYRANNICAL!!!

Senator 2; How dare you?!

Senator 3: You placed a large number of troops on the border and sent aid to Secessionist factions in the regions!!!

Secessionist: We were helping them gain control of "previously owned territory"

Senator: You invaded 10 neutral states and illegally annexed them!!!

Secessionist 4: They were in need of replacing their old government with a stronger one!

President Hayden: Enough! Now Lord Dark, the reason we sent a contingency of advisors was to aid them against your own Allie's who were raiding their homes and pillaging everything in sight!

Lord Dark; That is absurd! Those secessionists were victims of the violence that was committed against them! The Pro-Republican government there was mistreating them and placing strict laws in them!

President Hayden: You even killed a number of refugees and closed off the border with the refugees who were starving! Ten thousand people died from it!

Lord Dark: They were traitors to the Dark Federation and had to be punished!

President Hayden: PUNISHED?!

Senator 4: There were children amongst them and you murdered them!

Senator 8: This provoked military action must be taken into account that this is a citizen rights violation and must be punished by the Republic greatly!

All: YEAH!.

As you can expect from their meeting, both Republican and Secessionist senators met in the Executive Building which was home to President Hayden but what everyone knew was gonna happen did not turn out to be as peaceful as they hoped.

The two sides often clashed at one another and others began claiming or blaming one another. They blamed each other for how they disobeyed the treaty rules even if it was to save themselves or even save an ally of theirs like when the Republicans sent advisors to train the Realmanian guard.

A heated argument lasted for about two hours until finally, Lord Dark made an announcement that shunned the entire world of Haydonia.

Lord Dark who was quite angry as many of his followers were condemned the Republican government and decided to sever all ties between them which those made the situation worse but that was not all of it, the last thing was that Lord Dark threatened to meet them all on the battlefield which laid the ground work for the sudden declaration of war on the Republic.

The Great War was just about to begin.