Seeing him

*This chapter will be grade 10 but the rest will focus on grade 11-12*

Hala's POV:
I have always been a shy girl, I don't talk unless spoken to. I know it is a bad thing but sometimes you can't control it..? Thinking of my dreadful life I stepped into second period Business Class. Today is the first day of grade 10. I am so scared because this year we have to take our masks off..

Ever since Covid came, I really liked covering my face with a mask and whole of grade 9, I always had my face fully covered. But I don't mind taking it off because most of grade 9 was online..

I decided to put on a red hoodie and black baggy pants since I have been so insecure of my body ever since elementary. I was always called anorexic and I guess that got to me. My petite frame vanishes when I wear baggy clothes and I like it that way. I put my black long hair in a braid and headed inside.

I walked into class and grabbed the seat furthest away from everyone, in a small corner. While I was adjusting into my seat, A guy with 4 of his friends walked in.

Oh my god..

He was the most perfect, most handsome guy I have ever seen.. His perfect wavy black hair and mesmerising eyes. His eyes were so dark brown that they nearly looked black.. He was tall and gorgeous with the most perfectly chiselled god gifted body I have ever seen. He looked like he was out of a book. He was wearing a black wife beater with black baggy pants. He also had a beautiful silver chain. Him and all his friends were sweating. I think they had gym the period before.

I never felt my face get so hot. He didn't even look at me but can you blame him? I'm sitting in the furthest corner of the class!

My heart kind of dropped when he sat two seats in front of me and all his friends were around in that area. But again I was just invisible why would they notice me..?, I was just fidgeting with my pen until I noticed other people started walking in the class and immediately I saw the really handsome guy pointing and laughing at the people walking in one by one.

Thank God I walked in before everyone else, I thought to myself.

Now was the most stressful part for me AKA saying 'here' for attendance. My last name is Abadi, and since it starts with the letter A, my name is always the first to be called upon..

The teacher looked at her clipboard and then said "Hala??" With shaking breath and hands I said "H-here", immediately some of his friends turned around and looked at me and started laughing, but he didn't even look back?. After they started laughing at me, I felt tears sting my eyes and I wanted to run out of that room and never come back.

The main one that laughed at me, when his name (which was kass ) was called upon, he mocked me and said "H-H-Here" and looked back at me and bursted into laughter with the 3 other guys. At this point I felt tears down my face so I just kept my head down so no one saw. Soon it was his turn, the handsome guy. He had his AirPods in and I guess that's why he didn't turn around when his friends made fun of me.

The teacher said his name "A-Aladdin". She stuttered and had a face of shock on her face..? I didn't understand why and just brushed it off..

From the back I could sense that he was smiling and he goes "Hey miss smith, did you miss me" Miss smith ignored him and moved on to the next person but the sweat on her forehead was visible from that far in the class. Was he really that much trouble?...

Class was pretty boring but the whole class him and his friends were laughing and just making fun of people.. Aladdin even tripped Miss Smith over his foot and said "oh no you alright??" And continued to laugh at her. I felt so bad I wanted to help her up but I was too scared to move from my seat. I was totally grossed out but there was something about him?? Call it love at first sight or whatever but I have never looked at a guy like that in my entire life.

The bell rang for lunch ( we only have 4 periods, meaning after lunch I'd have two more ), as I was walking out of the class, I noticed Miss Smith's laptop opened to Aladdin's profile, there I saw he was born on January 2, meaning he was basically the oldest guy in the grade.

As I was about to look through more, Miss smith walked up to me and closed the laptop.. YIKES! That was embarrassing.

Class went on like this until second semester came, I was kind of upset that I wouldn't have him in a class anymore because he wasn't in any of my new classes. But then again he hasn't even looked at me once.

The year went by very quick..

How was it?❤️

Published MARCH 26, 2024