𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙾𝙾𝙽 𝙻𝙰𝙳𝚈

TITLE
THE MOON LADY
-
FANDOM
MCU
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
NONE
-
RELATIONSHIP
DOLLEY BARNES & ART BARNES
-
NOTES
this isn't as angsty as most of my stuff but it's pretty sad

~⛥~

Dolley sat on the couch, working on a story about a French actor who was attacked after a Broadway show. She looked up from her laptop when she heard Art coming up. He was holding a box.

"Mama, look what I found!" he said, climbing onto the couch beside her. He opened the box to reveal a bunch of old photographs. Specifically, of Dolley and Ella on the beach.

Dolley closed her laptop and pulled Art into her lap. "What a discovery," she said. "Do you know who's in the pictures, little man?"

Art looked at the pictures and shook his head. "No," he said. "Who are they?" He'd only ever known Dolley as a brunette. He didn't recognize her as a blonde.

His mother hummed, stroking his hair. "Why don't you tell me a story about them?" she asked.

He looked up at her, then back at the pictures. "Okay," he said. And his story went like this.

~⛥~

Once upon a time, there lived a woman who lived in the moon. She was called the Moon Lady and she could only come out during lunar eclipses.

Once there was a little girl playing alone by the sea.

"Hello, little girl," said the Moon Lady.

"Who are you?" asked the little girl.

"I am the Moon Lady," the Moon Lady replied.

And the two became best friends. They played in the ocean, rolled a beach ball, and played "can you catch me?". They had so much fun. But soon, the eclipse started to vanish and the Moon Lady had to say goodbye because eclipses don't last forever.

But the little girl never forgot the Moon Lady. Or their friendship.

~⛥~

"I think I heard a story like that," Dolley whispered. "A long time ago." She hugged Art closer, tears in her eyes. "That was a beautiful story, little man."