𝚂𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁

SIBLINGS FOREVER
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
NONE
-
RELATIONSHIP
SAMMY KYLE/MOUSE & JOLENE KYLE
-
NOTES
requested by CharChar<3
also this is short

~⬮~

Sammy sat on the couch, knees to their chest. They were pouting, as per usual.

Jolene sat beside them. She looked over, then away. After a moment, she asked, "Are you happy to go live with your dad?"

Sammy didn't shove her away, for once. "Shut up," they snapped, hugging their knees tighter. They watched as she scooted a little closer.

"Mama says it's for the best," she said. "That you live with him." She paused. "You won't have to steal and get hurt anymore."

They wrinkled their nose and pushed Jolene off the couch. "No one asked you. And, I wanna steal. I wanna steal and fight and be with Mama, not some rich asshole who didn't have time for me until now." They stretched out so Jolene couldn't sit on the couch. "I hate him. And I hate Mama, and I hate you."

Jolene sat on the floor. She looked down at the cracked floorboards. "You don't mean that," she said.

"I do!" they insisted. They huffed, their overgrown bangs falling in their eyes. "I'm gonna run away and live with Miss Ivy." Tears welled in their eyes. Why were they crying? This was stupid. It was all so stupid.

They felt arms around them. "Please don't run away," their sister whispered in their ear. She sounded tearful, herself. "You're my big sibling."

That's what broke them. They hugged back and started crying. "I'm sorry," Sammy whispered for probably the first time in their life. Well, not the first, but the first sincere time. 

Jolene hugged them tighter. "It's okay." She sniffled. "Mama says that no matter where we are or who we're with, we'll always be siblings."

The older kid wiped their nose. "Right. Siblings forever." They smiled slightly, eyes still teary.

"Siblings forever," the younger agreed.

~⬮~

Jolene sat at Sammy's grave. She brushed dirt off their name. Someone had left a stuffed cat beside the tombstone. Sammy would've loved it.

"Siblings forever," Jolene whispered, wiping her eyes.