𝙰 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃

A BREAKING POINT
-
GENRE
ANGST
-
WARNINGS
SUICIDE, CHILD DEATH MENTION, PARENTAL DEATH MENTION
-
RELATIONSHIP
NONE
-
NOTES
the urge to pull a Wendy Hamilton is strong but I must live to write angst
also I was full blown sobbing as I wrote this
-
UNIVERSE INFO
AU WHERE ELLIE DIED

~⮹~

No.

No.

No!

Ellie couldn't be dead. She couldn't! She was alive yesterday. She was alright a few weeks ago. How could she be dead? She was just a baby. Just a little girl. She didn't deserve it.

Dolley screamed when she got the news.

She broke the window in her bedroom. Her foster father would tan her hide for it, but she didn't care.

She'd lost everything.

Her parents. Bucky. Steve. Georgie. She didn't have anything left. She was only thirteen. She hadn't even turned fourteen, and she'd already lost it all. 

Dolley ran outside, ignoring her screaming foster father. She ran down the block and into an alley. She tripped and fell. She was vaguely aware of the hurt, of the blood dripping down her legs. She got up and kept running.

Finally, she stopped. She sat and pulled her knees to her chest. She sobbed. She was alone. So, so alone.

The only goddamn person in the world left to miss her was Susie.

But Susie was too busy mourning her sister.

So really, no one would notice. No one would notice if one foster kid just ended it in that alley. She probably wouldn't even be identified. Someone would probably assume she was a junkie or something.

Dolley pulled out her pocket knife and looked at it. Bucky had given it to her. A gift.

She thought back to when he went missing. She was stupid for thinking he was alive, wasn't she? When a man goes MIA, he was usually KIA. She knew that. Why would Bucky be any different?

She unfolded the blade. It was dull, but still sharp enough to cut. She hadn't been able to sharpen it in a while. She pressed it to her skin.

"I'm coming, Ellie. I'm coming, Bucky. Steve. Georgie."

With each name, she pressed harder.

It was a week before her body was found. No one cared enough to identify her. She was just a little Jane Doe in New York City, a pocket knife beside her. No family to grieve her. No friends to say goodbye to, except Susie. But Susie wouldn't find out Dolley even died.

The official story was that Dolley ran away. That's who she was remembered as.

Dolley Madison Barnes, the runaway.

She was buried as Kings County Jane Doe #413.

A little girl who didn't want to live anymore.