Chapter | 04

SOFIA

"It's okay, it's fine. Everything's good." I inhale sharply convincing myself repeatedly. I open my eyes and smiles widely giving thumbs up to the mirror.

Mirror. Something that always change its answer. Times when I look at it, sometimes I get a goofy teenager self looking beautiful and breathtaking. Then there's other times, when the same mirror shows me the reality of how desperate and pathetic I am.

And right now, no matter how beautiful I am looking it is still showing me my pathetic side.

Today, I am going the Italian mafia court. For nothing but my marriage with Alexander Hezron. It's one year deal, but no one will understand my feelings other than me. Sometimes, I just wish I never came here. Never made Italy my dream destination.

And now when I remember the day me and mom were excited to visit here, I laugh to myself, we were excited for this? For me to carry someone else's last name?

That was all, we never knew it coming. And the most important thing is I don't know what will come ahead in future but all I can do is pray.

I, for the last time smiles at the mirror before turning my heels and walking to the door and exiting the door. It is early noon and sun is on its peak.

I was wearing a maroon knee length dress of sweetheart cut with spaghetti straps. It was simple and formal and the red ankle strap heels. My hair was free with nothing on it. I just let them open simply.

As I exit the warehouse, dad's car was waiting for me as I notice mom already sitting inside looking down at something and dad at a mere distance of the car talking on the phone.

I sigh, walking towards the car with slow steps possible. The sun was heating but it didn't bother me.

A big figure soon come beside me, blocking the sun rays. I turn and Adan was there matching my pace to walk with me. He was covered in a full formal black suit and set hair.

"Don't walk in sun Fia, your makeup will melt off making you look like a horrified bitch." He whispered last part making it sure for my ears only.

I smiles and scoff at his little remark. "I didn't applied much make up." I said. It was a honest answer, I didn't did too much.

He widened his eyes at my comment as he open his mouth wider. "Seriously? How come you look mesmerizing? I am sure that Italian Don gonna faint." He makes the remark and winks towards me, reasoning me to roll my eyes.

In his dreams.

I smiles at the thought of how Adan was trying to lift my mood, he contain all things a big brother would ever have. He's funny, mischievous, protective and a total crackhead. I always think of him and Elios as my brother.

"Shut up!" I sternly says, he grins nodding his head and motioning his right hand formally towards the car with other hand behind and posture slightly bowed. Elios opens the door for me and I step in, beside my mother in the car.

Mother was at a side with a small smile. She was wearing white ankle length dress which had a flower belt around the waist. Her white plain platforms and two glittery clips decorated on her free hair. She looked so beautiful and honestly no matter what, her styling never leave her senses.

I fix myself and the car started when dad ordered. There was a silence in the car. The whole weird and awkward situation. Especially for me, I was always the one to babble and never stays quite and just now it feels suffocating.