Chapter Twenty Four: Unity

Start from the beginning

"There are a lot of locked doors. We need to find keys or at least ways to get around them." Ian mentioned.

Tyler took a few small breaths. He had to calm himself. Sure, what preparation he had before was gone but they were right. He needed to just clam down and work harder. Ashe watched the group talk about what to do, his eyes looked around at each and every one of their faces. None of them were happy, but most of them seemed to be mentally stable still. For a moment he was happy. They were all stronger then before, and were more willing to work together to survive, let alone escape.

"You're wrong."

Tyler heard the voice of Onity echo in his head, and he flinched. Tyler glanced around, but Onity was nowhere in sight. And then Tyler remembered something. He was in a game. He shouldn't be happy.

"Are you okay, Tyler?" Sky asked,and the group suddenly noticed the frightened teen.

Tyler nodded his head. "I'm fine."

"You're very quiet."

"I have nothing to say." Tyler found himself raising his voice. He needed to calm down. But he couldn't.

In order to win the game, they all had to die. How could he have forgotten that already? And he wasn't safe anymore. To be honest, he's never been safe. He didn't trust Onity at all. To Tyler, Onity would bend the rules in a heartbeat. Now was that true? Only time would tell.

"I guess all we can do at the moment is split up and explore this place from top to bottom." Jerome muttered.

Tyler snapped out of his thoughts.Split up, huh? Wasn't that dangerous before? But Tyler had no right to go against it.

"Alright then. Two groups should be fine." Seto said.

"Six people in each group. So who wants to go with who?" Ant sighed.

The group of 12 was able to split up after discussing plans. In order to be safe, one group planned onlooking back over the first two floors, while the second group would go on to check out the third floor. If the first group finished the first two floors, they would follow upward. Group one ended up being Tyler, Sky, Mitch, Jerome, Ty, and Sub. Group two happened to be Bashur, Ian, Ant, Brice, Seto, and Jason.

Group two headed upstairs and group one got to work searching the first floor again. The group searched the left hallway and the middle one before finding themselves in a deep search of the enchantment room for keys or weapons. While Sky, Ty, Mitch, and Jerome dug through the books, Sub messed with the enchantment table, and Tyler "looked" around the coffee table he found his journal on. In reality, He was standing there, his heart beat echoing in his head. His hand was in his pocket, playing with the key he had. He still had no clue where it went to. In his other arm was his journal.

It look awhile to get through everything, Tyler having to move on and look through the books on the shelves like the others. He'd looked at a book, glance around at the others, and look at another. None of them were interesting. Some delt with magic while others were in other languages and what not. Most had dusty covers and worn out colors.