Volume 3:Part 6

Začít od začátku

"Ayanokoji boy! I suppose it is to be expected that only someone like you could arrive to a task in such a ridiculous location!"

Koenji had his arms crossed and laughed to his own words. I signed up for the task and headed towards him. I decided to lose on purpose, fighting Koenji now was going to be a waste of time and energy even if I win. Besides, I didn't want to interfere with my plan for him. I'd only deal with Koenji during the latter half of this exam.

I grabbed the rope and didn't pull at all, but unsurprisingly, Koenji did the same.

"Do you dislike winning, Koenji?"

"Is it a win if my opponent doesn't even try?"

Koenji had a wide smile on his face. I pulled suddenly to catch him off guard. He noticed instantly and pulled back with all his strength. As soon as he started trying, I let go, allowing him to win.

He laughed in amusement at what I did.

"I suppose you got me there."

"Do you plan to win Koenji?"

"As long as this exam remains fun, then of course I do."

"And what if you were offered something more fun?"

He looked back at me and smirked. Koenji knew my plan. No. He arranged the events with Horikita in order to lead me into using this plan. He was truly a genius in his own way.

Koenji ran down the mountain and left us behind. I checked my tablet once more to see my next area. It was very close to the starting area, which was beneficial to me. But considering we were standing on a mountain, I doubt we could grab the early bird bonus this time. It was better to complete tasks for the rest of the day and arrive at the area right before it expired.

"You won by default, right Nanase?"

"Yes, Senpai, there wasn't any girl competing, so I got first place. I suppose I was lucky."

I nodded at her.

"Who was that Senpai? He's intriguing."

"That's Koenji. He's indeed intriguing. He'll probably make it to the top five during this exam. He's trying to achieve first place."

"Do you think he could pull it off."

"Probably. But I won't let him."

Nanase was confused at my statement but didn't pry any further.

Koenji could still be useful. If he won the bet and had total freedom until graduation, no one would be able to control him. Although I guess no one can control him now either.

Nanase and I made our way to five more tasks before finally arriving in our fourth area of the day. We barely made it before it expired, and we were lucky enough to have a task nearby. It was a swimming competition. Nanase managed to join, but unfortunately, for me, Koenji took the final spot.

He was behaving just as I thought. He was completely ignoring any task he didn't deem entertaining. What an interesting man.

I watched the competition from afar. Koenji got first as expected, and Nanase got second. She lost to Onodera from my class.

"Why did you hold back this time? You could've beaten Onodera. "

"Onodera-senpai is in the swimming club, right? It would be disrespectful to beat her at her own sport. I can't do such a thing."

Nanase was illogically kind-hearted. I wanted to understand her strange mindset.

"We'll camp nearby. I'll just talk to someone and meet you after alright?"