The New Professor & Bad Reactions

Third Year-

The rest of the summer holidays had gone by relatively quick now that Hally was away from the Dursley's'

She wouldn't necessarily say that the Leaky Cauldron would've been her first choice of places to lodge in but she was rather enjoying her alone time. She even managed to finish all of her course work including the essay on shrinking potions for professor Snape.

As far as her research on what potion her professor wanted her to brew went though, she wasn't having as much luck.

After growing increasingly frustrated at her lack of knowledge, she considered writing to Hermione to see if she perhaps had any clue about what the potion could be but something felt wrong about that. Professor Snape didn't give her permission to involve someone else into her investigation. Hally also didn't know how to even begin to explain where she got the ingredients from or the odd relationship she had developed with Snape. Deep down she knew she was probably going to have to wait until she was back at Hogwarts to do some proper exploration on the issue at hand.

On the day before the trio were set to catch the train back to Hogwarts Hally was woken up to a loud commotion just outside of her room followed by a terribly thunderous bang that shook the floor beneath her bed and some sort of hiss.

"Oh just brilliant ! Keep that bloody pig in a cats suit away from scabbers Hermione !" Hally heard the distinct cry of Ron's voice berating their friend on the other side of her door.

At first she thought she was experiencing a little spill of her dreams slipping into reality. But then she heard Hermione respond in an equally aggressive manner. "Oh grow up Ronald ! He is a cat, it's not my fault that by nature your smelly old shoe brush is his natural prey ! Maybe you should keep a closer eye on your pet and these things wouldn't happen !"

Sitting up excitedly at hearing her best friends voices Hally hurriedly combed her fingers through her hair with one hand as she pulled the blankets off of her with the other.

Once she climbed off of the bed she grabbed her morning robe off of the vanity chair a few feet away from the bathroom and threw it on along with a pair of slippers before making her way to the door and swinging it open to an arguing Hermione and Ron.

The sight that met her was an opened, knocked over trunk and spilled bottle of black ink all over an orange Chudley Cannon's crew-neck sweater.

Still unaware of Hally's presence the two continued their spat.

"That thing is a bloody menace !"