Detentions & An Alarming Voice

Year Two-

When Hally arrived back at Hogwarts with Ron for their second year, the two had made quite the entrance

When Hally arrived back at Hogwarts with Ron for their second year, the two had made quite the entrance. Not on purpose of course, but unforeseen circumstances had caused them to miss the Hogwarts Express.

During the rest of the summer hols Hally spent at the burrow, she found out that Ron's dad, Arthur Weasley, kept an enchanted Ford Anglia in their garage. It was pure dumb luck that the day they missed the train the Weasley's' happened to drive them to the station in that very car. Since Ron's parents were no where to be found and with the barrier to the platform sealed shut, the two youngsters took it amongst themselves to fly the car all the way to Hogwarts.

They fastened their trunks, Hedwig and Ron's rat and familiar, Scabbers, into the sky blue vehicle before they were off.

Unfortunately, there was some complications that they ran into along the way. Such as the button on the dashboard that turned the car invisible- malfunctioned causing them to be spotted by several muggles before they got back to Hogwarts. On top of that, when they finally went in for their landing they ended up crashing into a whomping willow tree, that caused Ron to break his wand and the two of them to almost break their necks before they narrowly escaped it. The car then ejected them, their pets and their luggage and sped off into the night.

Hally and her friend quickly ran into the school with their belongings before placing them with the other students things and making a break for the great hall, where the sorting ceremony was about to commence.

"I can't believe we made it, dad's gonna kill me about the car though. Wonder where it went off to." Ron bemoaned, partially out of breath at all the excitement.

Hally shrugged. "I dunno. Hopefully it'll turn up sooner rather than later, why would they have a tree like that on the grounds though ? Isn't it kind of dangerous ?' She questioned as the two reached the doors for the great hall finally. Peaking their heads in they noticed all the the first years standing up at the front. 'Oh good we didn't miss Ginny getting sorted !" She exclaimed excited while smiling over at the boy beside her who shot her a relieved grin back before replying to her question, "yeah it is dangerous. They should really put warnings around it, bloody thing nearly killed us !"

As Ron then started to complain about his wand again, Hally brought her attention up to the front of the room once more but this time she was looking for a certain potions professor. To her disappointment though, she found his seat empty.

Ron furrowed his brows as he watched her smile drop and be replaced by a scowl, "what's wrong ?"

Hally kept frantically scanning the hall for the professor, "I'm looking for professor Snape.' She affirmed before pointing up to the head table. 'See ?! He isn't there !"

Ron looked over to the empty spot that Snape usually sat in and smiled. "Good that's even better news ! Maybe the nasty bloke finally got fired !"

Hally dropped her arm and seethed at him, "why would you say that ?' The tips of the boys ears tinged bright pink as he stared back at her in bafflement like he couldn't understand at all why she'd be upset about that. 'He saved me from the Dursley's' this summer and from professor Quirrell last year !"