Heart of the Longing ( Part 2 )

The next day...

Senpai: " Help you become an Idol, huh? I really don't think you're asking the right guy for the job here, Kanade-chan..."

" ...first name basis already?"

' With a Chan as well...'

Senpai: " Oops, my apologies — hehe... I'm still getting accustomed to Japan's culture..."

I somehow managed to convince him to meet up with me in a nearby cafe the next day to fully discuss things with him. Though reluctant to accept my favor, I realized that he had a soft spot for women when he had a difficult time turning me down. 

Though I did sorta helped him out a lot yesterday so maybe it also played a role in how smoothly things were going for me.

" That aside, I claim to have good eyes for people so I know you're someone I need to make my dream into a reality!" 

At the height of my desperation, I was prepared to do whatever it took for him to accept me. I was ready to abandon everything I held dear just to be by his side and surpass him, knowing without a doubt that he held the key to my future.

Senpai: " Hmm... This seems like a lot of responsibility piling on me." he said while scratching his chin all while leaning at the back of his chair, " ...but it is true that you helped me out big time yesterday."

Without uttering another word, he fixed his gaze on me, who was seated directly across from him. He meticulously and deliberately examined every feature of my face and form, yet I refrained from interrupting or challenging him.

Finally, after a full minute of unsettling silence and intense scrutiny, he broke into a wide grin, leaning forward abruptly and placing both arms on the table.

Senpai: " Sounds like fun." he snickered, " And I'd be stupid to turn down such a cute lady." 

" Really?!" brimmed with excitement, I launched my body forward and placed both my hands on top of his own on the table while squeezing them tightly, " You promise?! No takebacks, okay?!"

Senpai: " I never go back on my words, Kanade-chan. Plus, I already came up yesterday with a few tricks we could use to get your name out there ." he proudly said.

" Thank you! I'll be in your care from now on, Senpai!" 

I was too enticed to the point where I could hug him just from the euphoria that I was feeling. It went a lot smoother than I anticipated but I'd be dumb to complain about it. 

' .......wait.....yesterday?'

" ...did you say yesterday?" I asked him with a confused look.

Senpai: " Mhm." he nodded, " Yesterday when you asked me to help you, I was already coming up with ways I can provide to do so."

It turns out, he had already committed to lending me a hand the moment I reached out for his assistance that night. In the end, all my worrying was truly unnecessary.

" W-Wow........ I- I see..." 

I was left dumbfounded. 

He was good... really good.

A sigh of relief escaped me, signaling the release of tension that had gripped me. It was then that I became conscious of the fact that I had been holding his hand the entire time. Flustered, I quickly withdrew both of my hands, feeling a flush of embarrassment floods my cheeks.

Senpai: " We both know you already have a talent for singing, Kanade-chan, so we don't have to work on that anymore. What you are missing right now is nothing but pure public exposure!"