25: 𝕄𝕚𝕫𝕡𝕒𝕙

𝘔𝘪𝘻𝘱𝘢𝘩- the deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death

——————————⚜️⚜️ —————————

Gio's POV:

🚨Trigger Warning (slight gore) 🚨

"Where the hell is she!?" I shout at the bruised man in front of me as I punch him again.

He chokes on his own blood and I chuckle in complete disgust. What a pig.

"I-I don't k-know Si-ir," he manages to finally get out. I punch him again.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Are you familiar with baseball?" I pause as he eagerly nods his head like the obedient dog he is. "Well right now, you've got two strikes; first you go behind my back and then you dare to lie to me? I really should end your miserable life right now."

I turn around to look at the table lined with tools that I might need when torturing people like him, and feel a hint of excitement rush through me. I honestly don't enjoy beating people to a pulp all that much, but this time it's different.

This time, I'm doing it to save my angel, Rosary.

God, I miss her. I've become a complete psychopath since she's been gone. It's been almost two weeks and I'm so worried for my baby. It's not that I don't think she's strong, she's one of the strongest people I've met, rather I'm worried because I know how truly evil people like Leviathan can be. I can only imagine what he's putting her through right now.

I would give anything to hold her in my arms right now. But people like the traitor in front of me are the reason I can't and I hate them for that.

I was lucky in the sense that when Leviathan shot me, there wasn't any serious damage. I'm still healing and Dr. Williams, my private doctor, suggested I rest for another week or two but I refused. I told him that as long as I'm not in immediate danger of falling dead from my injuries, I'm not wasting a second to get my girl back.

And I haven't. All of my waking hours- and much of the hours I'm supposed to be asleep for- are dedicated to finding Rosary. I don't have much to go on, but it will have to be enough. So far, I've been able to make it enough too.

First, I managed to figure out how Leviathan was able to be one step ahead that day: some of my men are traitors. While searching for Rose, I've also been weeding out the rats. The poor excuse of a human in front of me just happens to be one of them.

Picking up my instrument of choice (a screwdriver) I face the whimpering man in front of me once again.

"Luckily for you, Rose believes in second chances so we're going to try this one more time and if you don't answer me honestly, I will not hesitate to gauge your eye out with this," I raise the tool up to the light for a full effect and the traitor shivers in fear. Pathetic.