Chapter 33: Run Rabbit Run

Fractured walls surrounded a lone adventurer on the 17th floor, mercifully absent of any tremors or fiery births. The person moved slowly, wobbling from side to side; their white hair peeked out from a heavily singed salamander wool cloak.

Bell Cranel staggered as he moved through the floor, breathing heavily due to his weighty cargo. Welf Crozzo and Liliruca Arde hung from his arms, their feet dragging across the ground. Welf's short red hair, and blue neckerchief swayed, as he was carried, whilst Lili was barely visible under her tan robe. No rucksacks were present, left far behind. Bell's tired face contorted into a grimace as he reached the archway to the floor boss room. "You're kidding!?"

The boy still had a long way to go. He gazed upwards, and to the walls of the corridor, marvelling at the shimmering colours. "That's... the great wall of sorrow..."

Lili's words echoed through his head, yet he could not shake the dread that gripped his heart.

'Goliath's room is there, but the Loki familia should have already beaten him. And when you consider his average recovery time, we should just barely make it.'

Bell held the pallum's comforting words to his chest and marched onwards, to the Labyrinth paradise that lay ahead.

*Crack*

Bell's breathing hastened as he heard the worst possible sound imaginable. He risked a glance back, whilst maintaining his pace, hoping it was just his imagination.

**Crack**

Immense spiderweb cracks splintered throughout the great wall of sorrow, and crystalline shards rained down, threatening to crush the band of adventurers.

"Ahh....AAAAHHHH!!!"

Bell screamed as he pushed his aching body forwards, dodging the falling structures, eager to protect his friends. Far above, a creature of unimaginable power peered out and roared, awakened from its long slumber. Red pupils glared from black sclera, and its jaw opened to an inhuman degree. The very air shook under its might.

*GRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAARRR!*

Bell's eyes widened, and panic coursed through him; the fear pushed his body into a sprint, despite his lack of reserves. The titan broke free from its prison, sending pillars sundering down all across the room. Goliath crashed onto the dungeon floor, on its hands and knees. The imposing foe turned its head towards the fleeing insect and swung its arm. Bell did not dare look back and kept racing to the exit. "Keep running! KEEP RUNNING!!!"

The immense hand sailed over Bell, casting a terrifying shadow across his path. "Whatever, you do... DON'T GIVE UP!"

Goliath finally began to rear itself up, with another earth-shattering bellow, and moved towards the fleeing rabbit.

Bell was nearly at the finish line, exit point getting closer and closer. Goliath raised a palm skywards and balled it into a fist.

"GO! GO! DONT STOP RUNNING!"

Bell dived down the passageway, sliding across the smooth ground. A heartbeat later, and the giant's fist impacted where he had just stood, shattering the dungeon floor.

Bell rolled forwards and lost his grip on Lili and Welf, who careened out of sight. Bell screamed in pain, desperately hoping that his friends would survive. Soon, he was forced to shut his eyes as the world exploded with light. "Lili... Welf... Goddess"

* * *

Hit was busy spying on Rivira when he felt it. The ground trembled, and a faint roar sounded from the nearby entrance. Flocks of birds darted from their roosts and sailed away, well aware of the danger above. Hit dashed away from the detainment facility, and entered a Time skip sprint, making a beeline for the epicentre of the earthquake. 'Has it already awakened!? It should require a few more days, at least.'