Chapter 34 :- Whispers Of Laboratory

Start from the beginning

Remembering Robert's warning about the forest's dangers, I nodded apprehensively as he continued driving deeper into the woods. Despite my unease, I found solace in the beauty of nature passing by.

Eventually, we reached the sign marking the entrance to Dow Hill forest. Robert brought the car to a stop and motioned for us to exit.

Stepping out, I engaged in a brief conversation with Robert before he handed me a photograph and spoke solemnly, "I can only take you this far. Walk straight ahead, and you'll reach the lab in about half an hour. Be cautious; wild animals frequent these parts and there might be spies too, good luck."

Accepting the photo, I glanced at it, noting the inscription: "Room D-34." Tucking it into my pocket, I nodded in comprehension. He assured me of his prompt return in a few hours, specifying this precise location for our rendezvous. With a gesture of farewell, he started the car, and gradually drove away.

I'm not entirely sure what the spies motives are. Are they acting as pawns for someone, much like I am currently serving Elizabeth? I suppose I'll have to ponder that later.

As the evening descended, casting elongated shadows through the dense woods, I sighed and turned towards K, Rachel, and Sho, motioning for them to follow me. Their torches flickered, casting dancing shadows amidst the trees as we ventured deeper into the forest. The sun, a fiery orb, slowly dipped towards the horizon, painting the sky with hues of crimson and gold.

After a half-hour trek, we finally arrived near the supposed lab. However, what lay before us wasn't quite what I expected. It resembled more of a sprawling hospital complex than a traditional laboratory. My heart quickened with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension as I surveyed our surroundings, half-expecting to encounter strange creatures lurking in the shadows.

I turned to face my companions, K, Rachel, and Sho, who stood behind me, their faces illuminated by the soft glow of their torches. With a firm tone, I addressed them, "Well, guys, there's something I need to make clear. Everyone must obey my orders without question. Failure to do so could have dire consequences, or even lead to death. Understand?"

K and Sho exchanged knowing smirks, while Rachel nodded in agreement, her smile faltering slightly at the impending discussion.

With a casual demeanor, Kevin spoke up, his tone betraying a hint of mischief. "By the way, it would be great if you could teach us some moves before we storm inside. It's always good to be prepared."

I couldn't resist the opportunity to mess with them a little, so I gave them my best evil smirk, making them squirm. "Well, I'll teach you a single move. Simple yet lethal—a strike that will leave your opponents incapacitated on the ground for minutes."

Their faces paled a bit, but they were all in for a little adventure, I continued, "Since we're likely dealing with some macho types in there, just aim for the family jewels, in other words simply target or crush the balls."

As Kevin and Shoyo exchanged smirks, Rachel's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. I couldn't help but notice her discomfort.

Oh my bad, I can't tell her to go around crushing anyone's, uh, "balls." But she's cool to carry the chemicals in her bag. Honestly, I don't trust those two "offbeat" dudes with anything serious.

"Well, Rachel, if you're feeling uncomfortable with fighting, just make sure to stay behind. You can carry the chemicals when we retrieve them, okay? I'm counting on you," I reassured her, hoping to ease her nerves.

Rachel managed a small smile and nodded in response.

As they followed me, With cautious steps, we ventured closer, the eerie stillness broken only by the rustle of leaves and the distant howl of the wind. Despite its size, the broken door seemed almost inviting, offering a glimpse into the darkness that awaited us beyond its threshold. We, small and insignificant against the vast expanse of the looming structure, slipped through the jagged opening with ease, like mice scurrying into a labyrinth of nightmares.