Chapter Four

You, Sam, and Dean are sitting at a diner. The hospital would only allow one person to stay with Pamela and since Bobby knew her better, he sent the three of you on your way.

"I'll call you three as soon as I hear anything," He had promised before you left.

He was currently on the phone with Sam as Dean was giving his order to the waitress.

"Be up in a jiff," she smiles before walking away from your table.

"You bet," Sam says on the phone before hanging up.

You and Dean both look expectantly at him.

"So, what'd he say?"

"She's stable and out of the ICU."

"And blind. Because of us." Dean states as if it isn't obvious.

"We also still have no clue what we're dealing with," you add to the obvious.

"That's not entirely true," Dean adds. "We got a name. Castiel or whatever. With the right mumbo-jumbo we could summon him. Bring him right to us."

You and Sam share a look before he speaks up, "You're crazy. Absolutely not."

"We'll work him over. I mean, after what he did...?" He trails off.

"Sam has a point. Pamela took a peek at him and her eyes burned out of her skull. Is a face to face really that smart?"

"You two have a better idea?"

"I do, actually," Sam argues. "Jonesy and I followed some demons into town, right?"

You shoot him a look that says 'you followed them, not me' and he sends you an apologetic one back.

Dean doesn't notice, "Okay?"

"So, we go find them. Someone's gotta know something about something."

Just then, the waitress reappears with a slice of pie for Dean.

"Thanks."

As Dean speaks, she sits in the open chair at the table. He shoots her one of his famous smirks.

"You angling for a tip?"

"I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for us." Her eyes quickly flicker black. Looking around, you see a man in uniform and the cook also flash their demon eyes.

The man in the uniform walks over to the door, locking it and remains in place, blocking it as well.

"Dean. To hell and back. Aren't you a lucky duck?" The demon-waitress probes.

"That's me."

You and Sam just stare at each other, trying to think of a plan through eye contact alone although you know there's nothing you can do.

The waitress continues speaking, "So you just get to stroll out of the pit, huh? What makes you so special?"

"I like to think it's because of my perky nipples," he smirks before continuing, "I don't know. Wasn't my doing, I don't know who pulled me out."

"Lying is a sin, you know."

"I'm not lying. But I'd like to find out, if you wouldn't mind enlightening me," he pauses to look at her nametag before adding, "Flo..."

"Mind your tone with me, boy. I'll drag you back to hell myself."

Sam gets up like he's about to attack the waitress, but Dean holds up his hand, stopping him. He sighs before settling back in his seat, and you send him an apologetic look.