Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You

Start from the beginning

They had heard some rumors that the Duchess had personally designed a new way of transportation but was this it?

They had unexpectedly received better crops and supplies for the temple but through a regular carriage so it seemed the new method of transportation that the Duchess had created was only for the Alpaca mountains where snow would be and since the temple was down on the town had not snowed there was no need.

Until yesterday that began to snow covering about 5 inches of snow.

So this must be it.

That must mean that the person who would get down from the carriage was no other than the Duke and the Duchess.

However contrary to their expectations, it was neither of them.

'Creak'

'Widen!'

"?!!" (Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and god serving people)

"It's good to see your face again Pope Frock" (Christobal, said)

The one who had gotten off the sled carriage was ex-high priest Christobal shocking them with their presence as maid Leslie followed along greeting them.

"C-Christobal? What are you...doing here?" (Pope Frock, asked)

They were as if they had seen a ghost but Pope Frock immediately regained his focus.

Compared to how tense the atmosphere Pope Frock's demeanor had completely eased.

He seemed on guard before with Sir Torro but it was as if all that conflict he had threw it out the wind.

He sure was confused as to what ex-high priest Christobal was doing here but he sure was glad to see him.

'Nod'

'Smile'

Ex-priest Christobal nodded with a slight smile seeing that his old friend had not changed one bit.

'That name...isn't that the famous name of ex-high priest Christobal? That's him in the flesh!' (Cardinal Valentino's inner thoughts)

Even Cardinal Valention had eased up.

'Glance'

'But that crest...' (Pope Frock's inner thoughts)

"No more that I like to ask, what's your relationship with the Reynolds family?" (Pope Frock, asked)

He had glanced again at the sled carriage as if to make sure he wasn't seeing the crest wrong.

Why did Christobal get down from the Reynolds family sled carriage?

Had Christobal been there ever since he left?

He had not heard from him after he left just as if he had disappeared and now he suddenly showed up what was this?

'Close'

'Smile'

"Well you'll soon find out" (Christobal, said)

He closed his eyes slowly with a warm excited smile immediately hearing the other upcoming horses pulling the second carriage.

'Neigh, Neigh'

'?' (Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and the god servants)

They turned again directing their direction towards them as they spotted Knight Carlo immediately and Ulisses mounting a horse stationing themselves as if they were guarding the second sled carriage-like formation.

This sled carriage.

It was it.

It had to be.

'Creak'