Winter returns (fixed)

It had been three months since my experiments began, and I had made significant progress. I could now cover my entire hand in repulsion glyphs, and they my distribution of aura has increased a lot too.

I have also managed to reduce the time it takes me to form glyphs to just three seconds, and they are stronger and more precise than before, though still not on par with Winter's glyphs.

But progress was progress, and I was proud of it. My Weiss sense, as I like to call it, has also improved, albeit not to the extent I wished it had. I guess being rich does have its moments in cases like this.

Additionally, healing minor cuts and injuries have become a bit easier for me; it no longer takes me an eternity to heal a cut like that, and I started to work on different types of injuries. Of course, I'm healing other things that aren't myself. I'm not crazy enough to keep hurting myself just to train.

I had also invested time in improving my relationship with Whitley. It was slowly getting better between us, and he would occasionally join me for dinner, so it wasn't as lonely and cold. However, he still idolized Father, which bothered me. Until my father proved that he could change for the better, I wouldn't fully accept Whitley idolizing him.

On the other hand, my relationship with my mother has improved. I made an effort to spend more time with her to try and get her out of this slump she's been stuck in for too long, and I occasionally invited Whitley along. It seemed to have a positive impact, as her drinking had reduced somewhat, though she still didn't join us at the dining table.

The exciting news was that Winter was coming home for a while. I would like to think that me and Winter have a deep bond after going through our father's abuse together and having her around meant I would have the opportunity to learn from her and improve even more. I was eager to show her my progress.

An hour later, I was engrossed in my programming and medical books. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Miss Weiss, Miss Winter has arrived," Klein's voice echoed from outside.

I hurriedly got up, my heart racing with anticipation. As I quickly approached the entrance, I noticed Winter from a distance, handling her suitcases. Also, I swear I heard Klein chuckle before I left him in the dust.

"Winter, how are you?" I greeted her with a light smile on my face.

"I'm doing well. And how about you, Weiss? I hope you've been keeping up with your training," she replied with a straight face, although I could detect a hint of a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Yes, I have! And I've come up with a new glyph!" I exclaimed, excitement resonating in my voice.
"Oh, I can't wait to see it if you're this excited." Winter raised an eyebrow.

"But first, I need to greet Father. You know how he gets if I don't greet him. Go to the field; I'll meet you there," she said before heading toward Father's study.

Training Field

I patiently waited for Winter until she finally arrived.

"So, what's this glyph you wanted to show me?" When Winter approached me, her curiosity was evident.

"Let me show you," I told her before I gripped Myrtenaster tightly and, to her surprise, swiftly cut my palm, causing her to gasp. Before she could react, I held up my hand, displaying the wound.

"Weiss! Come on, let's go bandage this up. I can't believe you cut yourself," she scolded me, concern etched on her face as she reached for my hand.

"Hold on, Winter. I needed to cut myself to show you something," I said, gently removing her hold on me.