Chapter 22: Promotion

Start from the beginning

Hit huffed and turned his back to the deity. "Just shut up and do what I'm paying you for."

Loki grumbled at her infuriating child and got to work, drawing out a familiar purple glow. The routine was matched with a high-pitched scream.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?"

Loki's screech and shock overwhelmed her, causing the god to enter a trance-like state. Her eyes unfocused and teeny body flopped from side to side. Loki matched Eina's state from her last visit. The shellshocked goddess shuffled towards a nearby counter and grabbed a piece of paper, before shoving it on Hit's back, seemingly on autopilot. This seemed to bring the zombie back to reality.

*GASP* "Wh-Huh!? What just happened?"

She rubbed her ringing head and grimaced as she read the sheet. A hangover had somehow already set in. "Never mind, I can't believe this. Ya just waltz in here and dump that kinda status on me... My maidenly heart can't take it."

The doors were kicked in as a green haired elf rushed into the room, staff raised. "LOKI! What's wrong? Are you under attack?"

A glance at the two, very unimpressed, familiar individuals, caused Riveria to blush in embarrassment. *cough* "Forgive me, I thought that you were in danger, Loki."

Riveria turned towards Hit, glaring at him slightly.

"And it has certainly been some time since we last met, Mr Hit. Do you have an explanation for your lack of contact?"

Hit ignored the elf's rage and removed the status sheet from Loki's grasp. After reading through it, he smiled a little in satisfaction, before tearing the bottom half off. "Are you also forgetting about our deal? I work best on my own. Besides, I believe my progress isn't too horrendous".

Hit handed the status sheet out for Riveria to see, who had a similar reaction to her god, eyes bulging at the script. "Wh...WHAT!?"

______________________________________________________________________

Name: Hit

Alias: NA

Level 1

STR – C676

END – G230

DEX – C690

AGL – D501

MAG – G280

Magic-

Time lag: Upon activation, slows the target's time. Can be activated and deactivated at any moment. Chantless.

__..______..___. .__________. ________. ____..________.....______....___________.

The elf trembled slightly, setting her staff to the side. "T-this is impossible! How did you do this!?"

The impossible boy deadpanned. He should have known this would happen. "I fought monsters."

His answer, and comically neutral expression, broke Loki out of her shock. She couldn't help herself and rolled on the floor, laughing. "Pfft...Hihihi! Fufufufu!"

Riveria was not amused at the situation and held her head. This was not going to be a normal day. She took a seat opposite Hit. "You cannot gain this much excelia in merely three weeks, you just can't. And how did you learn magic? Did you already possess it at the start?"

Riveria was correct to be astonished; 2377 status points in a little over 21 days was mind-boggling. In fact, there was only one living person who was superior to him at gaining excelia: Bell Cranel. It took Bell 17 days to gain 2658 total status points, demonstrating how ludicrous the bunny boy's skill was. Love truly did transcend all. Despite Bell accruing more total status points, Hit remained stronger due to his skill and base level being far, far higher. However, the gap was narrowing, and Hit would have to keep growing in order to even come close to Bell, the greatest prodigy this world had ever seen.