Confirmation

Jaejoong excused himself on the pretext of a phone call. His curiosity was killing him. He doubted that Su Jin called a taxi because he didn't see her using her phone. Outside the restaurant, his doubt was confirmed. Su Jin was still standing there.

He approached her and said with a mocking tone of voice, "I guess you were stood up by the taxi driver," and then laughed loudly.

"Ha Ha, Hilarious. Please leave me alone."

"Listen, I'm not pleased with this marriage either so stop making me feel guilty. We can either live as strangers or friends. If you want, we can try to make this marriage work"

Su Jin remained silent, taken aback by his unexpected proposal. She wasn't sure how to respond, caught off guard by his sudden openness.

"What? You are hesitating? Is it because of your boyfriend or did you break up with him already?"

"Hein? What are you talking about? Since when did I have a boyfriend without even knowing it myself?"

"Stop playing dumb. Two years ago, I saw the picture... The handsome man," he said, smirking. "Are you still together, or did you break up?" he pressed, his tone teasing.

Su Jin wondered what he was talking about but genuinely had no idea what he was referring to. "I'm not in the mood to joke, and I've already told you, I don't have a boyfriend. And please, stop worrying about your precious reputation. Just a reminder, I have an image to maintain too," she shot back, her frustration growing.

He chuckled at her sarcasm. "Enough with the banter. Let's go. I'll drop you off at home."

"No, thank you. I'm waiting for a cab."

"Sure, you'll wait for your imaginary taxi. I can't leave my wife alone here," he replied, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"For your information, I'm not your wife-"

"Yet. Not my wife yet. It's just a matter of time. Ah, give me your phone so I can give you my number,"

Su Jin hesitated for a moment before handing him her phone. As he glanced at the screen, his expression shifted to one of shock. "Do you usually change your lock screen picture?" he asked, a hint of confusion in his voice.

She shook her head and said, "No, I have had the same picture for three years. Why?"

He ran his fingers through his hair, suddenly feeling a pang of guilt. Two years ago, the picture he had seen was of her brother, but he hadn't recognized him at the time.

Su Jin was looking at him, wondering what was happening. After a few seconds, the realization dawned on her, and she couldn't help but burst into laughter. (the correlation between his question about her boyfriend and the lock screen picture)

Jaejoong blushed in and then handed her the phone back. "Here, I saved my number in your phone and yours in mine. And let's go, I'll take you home. I need to know where you live"

Su Jin didn't want to argue, so she quietly followed him to his car. The only words she uttered were to give him direction to her home. The ride home was silent.

When they arrived, he said, "When I'm free to meet, I will call you."

She nodded. "Okay, goodnight." She said softly as she gathered her things to exit the car.

"Yeah, Goodnight."

The next day, Su Jin woke up to the sound of her brother's voice, gently trying to rouse her from sleep.