38

i looked in the mirror at myself and slid my grill in my mouth

i looked in the mirror at myself and slid my grill in my mouth. onika stood in the doorway, staring at me as i got ready. she's been ready which is sort of surprising. usually she's right along with me. lately i've been the latest though.

grabbing my shades off the counter, i put them on my face and grabbed my bag. i turned to onika seeing that she was still just looking. it confused me.

"what's wrong baby?"

"nothing. you ready?" she blinked rapidly before looking away from me. i nodded that i was ready and she grabbed my hand walking us out the bathroom. "we only have one more day out here."

"i know. i'm not ready to go back home." i pouted some. i'm enjoying this break and going back will mean getting back to work. ugh.

"well....it won't really make a difference for me. i was working here anyways, although i wasn't supposed to."

"mmhhmm. that won't be happening again. next trip is strictly no working."

"promise." she kissed my hand. i smiled small taking in her outfit. she's looking all girly, maybe i should've went with that. but i like this little switch. i look good in this state.

it fits my height more.

in the living room was everyone waiting on us. we ignored their annoyance as always because this is nothing new. they literally do the same thing every single time.

"you look nice momma." i hugged momma carol when she stood from the couch. she does look really nice tonight. her hair looks amazing, i could tell onika got it done for her. "you too pops."

"thank you, thank you. you look nice too." he nodded while grabbing momma carols hand. everyone looked really good tonight. even my babies.

the girls had fresh blowouts which made them look so small. even kam looked like a little girly kid. i cooed walking to her and grabbing her cheeks.

"omg look at youuuu." i squeezed the skin in my fingers. she groaned as i shook her face before letting go. i've never really seen her so dressed up unless it involved a photoshoot. and it's been a minute since we've last even did that.

now she's behind the camera instead of in front of it. what a way she's come. i'm proud.

we have a surprise for her when we get back. before her and lyric move out, we're gifting her with a car. it's already paid for we just needed the perfect time to give it to her.

"and you." i squeezed lyrics cheeks together and kissed her lips. she's the kid that'll take my affection and actually give it back. so she didn't trip about my kisses. "you look so beautiful."

"thank you ma."

"rummiii." i tried to grab her and she took off running.

"no! i can't take it." she hid behind onika. i went towards her, reaching out and grabbing her wrist. gotta be quicker than that. she groaned, trying to pull away but i picked her up.