Chapter 47 Flower Festival Banquet

Start from the beginning

Su Panyan's face was no longer shy, but the colour faded away. She smiled and said, "Xijun, don't make fun of me." She looked at Xie Miao, who was a seat away, and said in surprise, "Miss Xie?"

It seems that everyone is confused about why she was invited here.

Xie Miao nodded politely, "Miss Su."

Before Su Panyan could ask questions, Cui Xijun took the initiative to explain: "She also received an invitation to the Flower Festival Banquet this year. Panyan, she doesn't understand the rules here. When someone asks, just say she is my cousin, and keep silent about the rest."

Su Panyan nodded to express her understanding, her eyes still falling on Xie Miao from time to time.

Xie Miao was dressed appropriately and unassumingly, but she was also elegant with bright eyes and white teeth. In her memory, she always liked to wear fresh colors, hold her soft throat, and approach Cui Muli delicately.

But now...

Su Panyan bit her lower lip lightly and had to admit that she was jealous of Xie Miao.

Xie Miao and Cui Muli are not related by blood, but they are legitimate cousins. They live in the Cui Mansion together and if they don't see each other when they look up, they will see each other when they look down. No matter what Cui Muli's attitude is, Xie Miao can express her affection openly and honestly. Unlike Xie Miao, she is just a good friend of Cui Muli's sister...

Su Panyan lowered her eyes sadly, her mind wandering far away.

Three years ago, she stayed at her maternal grandfather's house in Yangzhou. She disguised herself as a youth and went to hang out in the study. She accidentally found an ancient book that had been lost for a long time. Cui Muli was a student at Hui Academy.

No matter how hard she tried, Cui Muli refused to part with the treasured book. In anger, she scolded him. Who knew that the next day when she went out to meet friends with her cousin, she actually saw him again. She confronted him tit-for-tat, implying that he was a petty person. Unexpectedly, when she got lost and almost fell into trouble, it was Cui Muli who drove away the violent people and sent her back to her cousin's house.

At that time, she was fourteen and he was sixteen, the right age when first love started.

She could feel that there was something special in the way him treatedher, and even just a sporadic favour was enough to make her fall deeply into it. After all, he had been famous in the capital for a long time and was admired by everyone.

She couldn't help but want to get closer to him, but - yet -

"Wanwan." Wen Rubin approached with a basket of fresh cherries and said with a smile, "I just picked these cherries. Come and try them."

Everyone looked at Wen Rubin.

He has a handsome appearance and a gentle temperament, but his figure may be too slender and he looks quite frail.

Everyone knows that he and Su Panyan are childhood sweethearts who had been engaged for a long time. He is devoted to Su Panyan and they are going to get married next year.

The girls were envious of Su Panyan's good luck in their hearts, and they just smiled and said nothing.

Su Panyan's attitude was just right, neither affectionate nor distant, "Thank you, Brother Wen."

After Wen Rubin left, Cui Xijun held up her hand in an orchid finger gesture. She picked up a red cherry. She handed it to Su Panyan's mouth, imitated Wen Rubin's tone, and said with great tenderness: "Wanwan, I just picked the cherry, you come and try it~"