Chapter 47 Flower Festival Banquet

Start from the beginning

Cui Muli asked: "Where is my cousin?"

"This subordinate was just about to tell you." Shen Yang said, "Miss Cousin has gone to attend the Flower Festival Banquet."

"Flower Festival Banquet?" Cui Muli looked at the invitation that was thrown into the corner, "Did she also receive an invitation?"

Shen Yang knew everything and said, "Yes, this year's Flower Festival Banquet will be hosted by the Right Prime Minister's wife, and she specially sent an invitation to Miss Cousin."

Cui Muli knew in his heart that the Right Prime Minister's wife and Marquis Dingyuan's wife were on good terms in private, and Zhou Niannan must have been behind the invitation.

Cui Muli stood up and said, "Prepare the carriage and leave in a quarter of an hour."

*

Xie Miao was dragged up to dress up early in the morning, and got into the carriage in a daze. After a long bumpy ride, she finally arrived at Qingyue Palace.

As soon as she got out of the carriage, she met Cui Xijun's eyes as she walked towards her.

Cui Xijun specially waited for Xie Miao here.

She dressed up very carefully today, wearing a water-red embroidered peach and plum blossom chest-length skirt, holding a light apricot smoke silk. Her black hair was pulled into a beautiful bun, and she wore a peacock ornamental hairpin inlaid with purple gemstones in her hair. The tassels on the hairpin reflects a dazzling light as soon as it moves around.

She glanced sideways at Xie Miao and said angrily: "Xie Miao, follow me obediently. You are not allowed to run around, and you are not allowed to talk to others casually, to avoid being a joke and lose the Cui family's face."

No matter how much discord there is between them, in the eyes of outsiders, they all equally represent the Cui family.

Cui Xijun understands this truth, but Xie Miao understands it better. She agreed lightly and stood behind Cui Xijun, so silent that she almost didn't exist.

Cui Xijun was very satisfied with her knowledge. She walked to the door and greeted the attendant who was greeting her with a few words of courtesy. She then handed over the invitation skillfully. The Marquis's maid on the side immediately stepped forward and welcomed them inside with a smile.

Qingyue Palace is built against the cloud peak, covering a vast area with unparalleled scenery. It has always been a good place for nobles to visit and hold banquets. Along the way, the lake reflects the mountains, the pavilions and terraces are filled with vermilion, and the halls and columns are exquisitely carved with red couplets. Further inside, the cobblestone path is lined with a sea of ​​colourful flowers, rippling in the wind and overflowing with fragrance.

The banquet was held near the sea of ​​flowers, and men and women sat separately, though not far apart.

When they arrived, people were already seated. One of the girls' eyes lit up and she waved happily, "Xijun!"

"Panyan!" Cui Xijun walked to the seat next to her and sat down, hugging her affectionately. "Didn't you agree to come with me in my carriage? Why did you change your mind at the last minute?"

Su Panyan's smile was awkward and she said vaguely: "Well, I had something to do, so I came with others."

Other people?

Cui Xijun looked at the men's seat next door. As expected, she saw Su Panyan's fiancé, Wen Rubin, and she winked at her teasingly, "You are getting married next year, why are you still secretive? You confidently call one phrase 'Brother Wen', and I will never make fun of you."