Chapter 2

A/N: swearing & minor self inflicted wounds

Liam entered the school nervously. He knew he would have to face it eventually, regardless if he skipped today. Plus, then he'd have to deal with Mason calling him all day, which wasn't ideal.

As he walked through the halls he used his supernatural hearing, he could hear a group of girls whispering about Liam. Trying to ignore it he couldn't resist listening in on them "fangs are so hot," one of the girls whispered.

Well, that was not what Liam had expected to hear, he continued walking through the halls until he found Mason. Before he could ask bout last night Liam spoke first "have you guys seen Alec yet?" he asked looking around.

Corey nodded "he was outside when we came in," Liam sighed.

"Why didn't you bring him in? He's only a freshman he's probably nervous".

Corey sighed "Well in my defence I didn't think of that-" he said. Liam rolled his eyes walking towards the back door that Mason and Corey had come through. Sure enough, Alec was sitting on the steps, his face in his palms.

"Alec" Liam said. Alec whipped his head up to see Liam.

"What do you want?" he pouted.

Liam sighed sitting beside him, "I'm trying to keep you alive. Sitting out here is not a smart idea, what if someone hurts you?" Liam said placing a hand on Alec's shoulder only for the teen to shrug him off. Groaning Liam continued, "we don't know where Monroe is, she could return at any moment, then what? You can't protect yourself." Liam explained.

He had hoped that would get through to Alec but when he met Liam's gaze the beta realised it had not. "Then I'll run," Alec said. Liam looked away.

"So, you'll run? What if she catches you?" Liam asked.

"Then she catches me!" Alec snapped standing up.

"Alec" Liam hissed back grabbing the boy's arm.

Alec pushed Liam back unexpectedly before running inside the school, shrugging it off Liam shook his head. Now he understood why Scott kidnapped him and tied him to a chair...Alec was not making this easy on him at all. Before he had the chance to walk inside a hand on his shoulder made him freeze.

Grabbing the persons arm he threw them over his shoulder in front of him. "Oh shit," Liam said realising it was Theo, "sorry" Liam said helping him back up.

Theo brushed himself off before giving Liam a glance, "does he belong to you?" Theo asked referring to Alec. Liam sighed running a hand through his long brown hair.

"Kind of," Liam shrugged, when Theo gave him a look of confusion Liam continued, "Scott told him he'd help him but then Scott left. So he's my responsibility."

"And let me guess, he isn't too fond of that?" Theo asked amused.

"He isn't too fond of me," Liam snorted "heck he likes Brett more then me, Brett!" Liam repeated.

Theo snickered, "I'm sure he'll come around he just needs guidance," Theo said.

"Well by all means, guide him," Liam replied. Theo found himself sitting on the step, "wait why are you here? You were in Scott's year? You've finished school?" Liam asked confused before sitting beside the chimera.

"I was looking for you," Theo said turning to face the beta, their eye contact lasted longer than Liam was comfortable with.

Clearing his throat he stood back up "okay well I'm in school, pretending to be a normal teenager," he said looking around.