Chapter 12: Saving Hazel

Start from the beginning

"You want me to be your tutor?"

"Yeah."

"Did you know that I'm an assigned tutor?" Hazel says holding up, what looks like, a necklace with a tag with a code on it.

"Oh, I didn't. Do you have others that you tutor?"

"Yes I do. When are you free to do a session?"

"How about after dinner? I don't really have any free periods."

"Alright, that works for me. I'll sign up for that time slot."

"Alright cool, see ya tonight," Ven said slowly walking away, but still looking at Hazel charmingly.

"Bye," Hazel says with a half smile.

Hazel walks in the other direction and Ven walks towards Scorpius and Albus, who are hiding in the corner.

"So?" Scorpius questioned wide eyed.

"She said yes!" Ven said.

The three celebrated. Albus quickly stopped, hung his head low, and pointed quickly behind Ven. Ven turned to see Marigold who seemed slightly sad. Marigold quickly walked away as Ven turned in her direction.

Ven looked back at his friends and asked, "How long has she been standing there?"

"Long enough," Albus said.

"You don't think-"

Ven stopped talking and clenched his jaw. Did Marigold think he likes a different girl? Does that mean she likes him more than a friend?

"Ven, we have to get to class," Scorpius said.

The three went to class and made it on time. Scorpius would talk to Ven once in a while about the spell and went over the steps just to refresh his mind. The more Scorpius talked him through it, the better Ven felt.

Once dinner was over, the three walked towards the door. Albus looked slightly frightened.

"Good luck Al," Scorpius said, patting Albus on the back.

"You'll do great," Ven said with a smile.

"I know," Albus said walking backwards, "Because it's my plan!"

Albus and Scorpius walked away and Ven headed towards the library to meet Hazel.

Hazel was already there with a stack of books and a couple of objects.

"Hi Hazel," Ven said as he sat down.

"You know, normally tutors aren't allowed to schedule sessions in the evening, but I got special permission," Hazel said suspiciously.

"Well my schedule is full. This is the only time I could do this," Ven said smoothly.

"Okay," Hazel was still hesitant, "well the first thing we'll do is read this chapter in your transfiguration book."

Hazel took A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration from the stack of books and turned to chapter two: Basic Transfiguration.

"Here read the first paragraph out loud ," Hazel said, handing Ven the book.

"Due to the exact nature of Transfiguration, the technique used in order to Transfigure an object must be precise. Technique that is haphazard or incomplete may result in ineffective, imperfect, and even dangerous results. In order to avoid unfortunate consequences, you must pay close attention to every detail presented to you; only a thorough understanding of the nature and practice of the spell will lead to a successful Transfiguration," Ven read, quick and eloquently.