lvi. nightlock, nightlock, nightlock

Start from the beginning

"It looks clear," Katniss says as she begins furthering into the area.

The group walks through sewer water for a while before coming up on a smaller tunnel. The tunnel is full of water up to Octavia's chest. Katniss leads the way.

Eventually, they get to a point where the water is at their feet rather than their chests.

"Okay, everyone, let's stop here and get some rest," Jackson says, "I'll take the first watch."

"Hey, Peeta, just tuck in there," Finnick says to the boy as everyone finds a place to settle.

Finnick motions for Seeder to sit down, the older woman doesn't argue, taking a spot next to Octavia.

"You okay?" Finnick turns his attention to Octavia. She nods.

"I'm good, Finn, get some rest."

He pulls her into his chest, letting her lay on him comfortably.

"I love you," he whispers. As she listens to his heartbeat, her body warms.

"I love you, too."

───

During the night, the silence is broken by a few words.

"I'm scared, Seeder," Octavia whispers.

"Don't worry, we're gonna be fine," the woman replies.

Octavia's eye drifts to Finnick's sleeping body.

"When he thought he'd lost you, I thought he'd kill everyone in his path. He was so heartbroken that I was sure it'd turn into rage," Seeder explains. Octavia remains silent.

"He loves you so much, Octavia."

"I know," Octavia nods slightly.

"And I love you."

"I love you too, Seeder."

───

Octavia woke to the sound of Peeta ushering everyone to wake up.

"We gotta go! We gotta get out of here, they're releasing mutts!"

Finnick pulls her to her feet before lending a hand to Seeder.

"Pollux, what's the fastest way out?" Katniss questions.

He gestures in a direction.

Gale leads, followed by Katniss. Jackson and Castor cover the back. Seeder, Finnick, Octavia, and Peeta are in between, along with the other rebels.

They continue to trek through the sewers, Gale setting fires to see through the darkness. The quiet is haunting.

Pollux leads the group to a small crawl space. He goes in first. Once he scopes it out, he gestures for the others to follow. Gale goes first, then Katniss, then Peeta, then Octavia, Finnick, and Seeder. Jackson turns to face the group, preparing herself to go through the crawl space.