liii. i do

chapter fifty-three

AFTER ALL OF THE DRAMA OF THE PAST WEEKS, Octavia and Finnick hadn't had time to visit Alena, who they were sure was dead years ago

AFTER ALL OF THE DRAMA OF THE PAST WEEKS, Octavia and Finnick hadn't had time to visit Alena, who they were sure was dead years ago. It was surprising and relieving to find her alive.

"It took you nine years to propose? You idiot!" She certainly hadn't lost her banter. The redhead was thrilled to be free. Though, at times, she couldn't handle the stress. That said, it was important for all of her visitors to tread lightly with what they said to her.

"Yeah, I have to agree with you," Octavia gives a cheeky smile as Finnick playfully scoffs.

"It was a long time coming, alright? I had to wait for the right moment," he defends himself.

"The right moment was after I caught you trying to lie to me?" Octavia questions, quirking an eyebrow. Alena's eyes widened slightly at her friends' words.

"Okay, you know what—" Finnick is cut off,

"When is the wedding?" Alena asks with a big smile on her face. She looks between the couple, anticipating a response.

Finnick's dumbfounded expression combined with Octavia's wide eyes makes Alena's face drop slightly.

"You don't know?" She questions, voice slightly raised but with a playful tone.

"Things have been. . ." Octavia's voice trails off, looking to Finnick.

"Complicated," he finishes.

"Well, you have to have a wedding! You can have it here!" She gleefully exclaims.

"I don't have a dress, or anything, really," Octavia says awkwardly.

"Actually, um," Finnick's voice is low, "there is a dress for you."

"What?" Octavia's brows knit in confusion.

"After we did the show with Caesar, I had Cinna design one for you," he admits, crimson creeping to his cheeks.

Octavia's heart swirls at his confidence to have a wedding dress made for her.

"And it's here?"

He nods, confirming her question. Finnick chews the inside of his cheek, waiting for her to say something.

Octavia looks from Finnick to Alena, and back to Finnick.

"Will you marry me?" She asks him with a happy glow on her face. He jokingly gasps.

"I asked you first!"

Octavia can't help but laugh.

"Let's get married."

───

The dress was stunning, as was everything Cinna had ever designed. This dress, however, exceeded anything Octavia could've dreamt up.