lv. real or not real

Start from the beginning

"I had brothers. . . I think." His voice is barely audible as he speaks.

"That's real," Katniss says, "you had two brothers."

"Your favorite color is green, is that real?" Peeta asks Katniss.

"Yeah," she confirms, "yours is orange. . . not bright orange, soft like the sunset."

"Thank you," he says.

"You're a painter," Katniss continues, "a baker, you always sleep with the windows opened, you never take sugar in your tea. . ."

Octavia looks toward the girl sadly, but Katniss doesn't see in the darkness.

"You were right. I can't do this," Katniss says as she collects her things and leaves her spot near Peeta, walking over to Gale.

"Get some sleep," Finnick whispers to Octavia as she rolls to face him. He places a quick kiss on her lips before closing his eyes.

───

In the morning, the group gathers around as Boggs hands Peeta a gun with an empty magazine.

"It's for the propo," he tells the group.

Octavia leans into Finnick, resting on him slightly. Seeder stands beside them.

"Let's move, we're heading a few blocks north," Boggs says as he begins to walk. The group follows, gearing up.

Finnick helps Peeta prepare for his speech as they walk.

"To the citizens of the Capitol, our war is not with you," he says.

"To the citizens of the Capitol, our war is not with you," Peeta repeats. As they go through Peeta's speech, Seeder and Octavia walk behind them.

"If we ever get back to Eleven, you owe me some of that stew that Rhea used to make," Seeder says with a gentle smile. Octavia smiles fondly at the memory of her mother's cooking.

"You'll have to come to Four and try this fish stew that Finnick makes, it's amazing," Octavia tells her with a breathy laugh. Seeder laughs too.

"I'll hold you to that," the woman jokes.

As they make their way further into a courtyard, Cressida informs Boggs that it's a good spot to film a propo.

"Okay, let us clear it," Boggs says. He enters the courtyard with the holo extended, which begins beeping rapidly.

"We've got a pod. Split, take cover," he orders. The group splits up. Finnick and Octavia crouch down beside Peeta and Seeder. Rapid gunfire begins, radiating through Octavia's eardrums painfully. For whatever reason, Finnick smiles. The gunfire lasts for at least a minute.

"God, they really want us dead, huh?" Finnick asks with amusement in his voice. Octavia gives him a shove.

"All clear!" Boggs says.

Peeta cries into the butt of his gun as he leans against the wall. He mumbles incoherent words.

"Peeta, hey," Octavia tries, but she's cut off by a loud explosion.