Chapter 39 - Somber to Uproar

"Do you—do you not like Rori Stone?" Gracie further asked.

I thought about it for a second. I mean...do I like Rori Stone? I think I do, kinda? In some fucked weird fucked up—kinda way.

"Gracie, leave the poor women alone."

Oh god, saying women like that makes me sound like I'm old enough to make sensible decisions and think properly for myself with logical thought behind it...I mean, if there is logical thought then add 18 mental breakdowns inbetween.

In my mind I'm still somewhere between the age of 15-19 definitely not 24.

I could see little eyes burning into me again, even with my sunglasses firmly on as the mum keep offering me apologetic smiles and mouthed sorries, but everytime I waved her off making it known that it was complete fine. I don't think she was gonna let up on the questions, but I didn't mind. It was nice to talk to someone that wasn't doctors or in the 4 walls of Izzy's house.

The question was just a little hard to answer, easier now but still...meh.

"Hm, I guess she's alright ain't she?" I just about got out, "She's growing on me, I'll admit." I further smile fondly towards the small blonde.

Gracie turned in her seat, fully facing me, completely blocking her mum out as if she was about to give me the biggest lecture of all time. "I think everyone should like her." She spoke animated with her little hands, "She is my favourite player!"

"Oh yeah, is that so?"

"Uh—huh!" She bounced with enthusiasm that simply made my heart melt, "I always watch her when she plays for Arsenal! I even, I even was at a game this year that she played. I'm sad she got injured in that game." Her smile turned a little sad and for some odd reason, my heart squeezed tight. I don't know the extent of what the public know with leaked source's as I'm choosing not to look. As far as I know—they only know that the initial injury caused some 'complications' which is why I am still out. Obviously there is speculation with nothing being shown of me in training and all that but?

"Can I tell you a secret?" I whisper while she nods eagerly. "You promise not to tell a soul?"

"Not one. I won't even tell my mummy." She says a little loud bringing her hands up towards her face and wriggling them around, but I knew the mum could hear this whole conversation anyway as I could see her past Gracie trying to hold in her laughter.

"Okay, I guess I can trust you...I happen to know Rori, quite well...and between you and me...she is doing just fine, probably better than ever. She will be back in noooo time."

"But how—how do you know Rori?" She questions not truly believing my words. She a smart girl.

Fuck it.

I lift my hat slightly revealing more of my face and lower my sunglasses to the bridge of my nose before giving a wink and holding my finger to my lips, "Shhh."

In that single moment, I have never seen a kids face light up so much. Gracie's eyes widened as I could see her about to let out a scream but she refrained.

"Mummy! Mummy! It's..." A hand was gently placed over her mouth. The mum looked more shocked than Gracie as she shook her head towards her daughter, telling her not to shout it.

"Jesus..." The mum whispers turning her head back to the warm up. "Err...hello. Hello Rori Stone." I don't think Gracie could contain herself and I definitely didn't want my cover to be blown so I thought it was best to just keep engaging.

"Guys, please...I'm just a normal person. Don't be scared to talk to me now that you know who I am. I don't bite...well, not usually anyway. Might bite this one..." I joke opening my mouth towards Gracie as she laughs jumping back trying to make the atmosphere less tense.