Chapter 21 - Listening

Rori's POV

There is something strange about that therapist, she makes my skin crawl and my guard go right up. It's odd because I got that impression straight away. I'll be keeping my eye on her, nobody upsets Leah like that.

"You coming with me?" Leah says not realising I brought my car today.

"I've got my car, so follow me back?"

"Why have you got your car?" She raises an eyebrow knowing Viv usually drives.

"Pffft, well...uhhhh..."

"Rori?"

"Okay, I may—I may have had a small meltdown this morning, everything was jumping on top of me and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I didn't want to train but knew I had to...I shouted at Beth and stormed out, so yeah, I drove."

"Rori!" She scolds, unimpressed.

"I know I know! I've spoken to them an apologised. I've been been a mess, if I'm being honest." I stare at the floor kicking my feet like a naughty child.

"I'm still proud of you."

I look up, suprised. "You are?"

She smiles whipping her keys out of her bag, "Of course I am, always. I'll follow you." She skips off to her car as I go to mine. I'm still very much appreciative of where this chat will go but I'm happy my mood has improved throughout the day.

It could all come crashing down.

"Rori Stone!"

Oh shit, I know what's coming.

I spin around and am faced with a less than impressed Leah. "You," She digs her finger into my chest playfully pushing me, "Need to stop driving like you don't care about your life! That was insane! You—was driving too fast! You literally nearly—"

I can't take it anymore, she's being too cute but she needs to stop rambling on. I pull her by her shirt into me and smash my lips against hers. I can't say I wanted our first proper kiss—that wasn't done when Leah was plastered— in a year to be on Beth's drive way when she's berating me about how I dangerous I drive, but I'll take it.

We sink into eachother and our lips mould perfectly together like they always used to. Leah let's out a sigh of contentment as she wraps her hands around my neck and I grip her waist. I don't want to pull away and neither does she. There is so much passion and unsaid words throughout, it puts me in a fluster.

I won't lie, being celibate for a year also takes a toll on one's mood. Nobody can tell me different.

"Shit," Leah breathes out clearly as flustered as me, "I forgot how good you are at that." I smile as she pushes her hair back for some composure. "Did you do that to shut me up?"

"Mhm..." I smirk, "But I've been wanting to do that for a while."

"Smooth Rori, smooth."

Heading inside the house was empty, I knew Beth and Viv had plans. I think Beth says she was seeing her brother or something.

"Something to drink?" I turn to face Leah who has followed me into the kitchen.

She thinks for a second, "Can I just have a water?"

"Still as plain as ever Williamson." I smirk heading towards the fridge.

"Aye!"

I do an innocent shrug grabbing her a glass. When I turn round I catch Leah mid stare up the length of my body. She clears her throat in a cover attempt and darts her eyes back up.