Chapter 6 - Breakdown

"Rori—Rori can you hear me?"

"Rori?"

"Oh fuck, Katie seriously what is wrong with you?"

"Me? what about her?"

"Are you dumb? she didn't do anything."

"This could get you kicked off this team Katie!"

"Guys shut up! Rori can you hear me?"

"What the hell is going on here?"

"Joe take this off."

My consciousness drifted hazily back to me at the never ending voices. The veil of unconsciousness slowly lifting. The sharp ache on my face surged into sharp focus as I attempted to blink away the haze. With each flutter of my eyelids bringing a renewed pang of pain, a testament to the brutal force that had struck me moments ago, McCabe. Groaning softly, I gingerly touched my throbbing face, flinching at the tenderness beneath my fingertips. My body felt heavy, as if weighed down by the aftermath of the impact, every muscle protesting against movement. With a deep breath, I summoned the strength to sit up, wincing at the sharp jolt of pain that shot through me. The room swirled around me, but my determination remained unshaken. Despite the throbbing ache and the foggy haze that lingered, I knew I had to gather myself, to stand tall against the adversity that had struck me down. Slowly, I pushed through the pain, the fire of resilience burning bright within me despite the darkness that clouded my senses.

"No, Rori sit down."

What is that ringing in my ears? oh yeah, it's people talking.

I hadn't really bothered to notice the crowed that had formed around me. I look left, I look right, it was just a sea of red with different coloured eyes staring at me. I feel confused.

Beth had me by the arm as she tried to lower me to the floor.

"Beth I'm fine." I protect to which doesn't work, she lowers me to the floor.

I feel quite vacant right now, just like everything in my brain has stopped. I like it.

While I stared at the same spot on the floor I could hear the muffled questions of people around me but all I could think about was what the voices said around me before. I don't want McCabe kicked off this team, she's good for this team, it's me that isn't.

"Rori?" I heard a gentle angelic voice say. "Ori?"

I blink vacantly before turning my head in the direction. There's only one person that calls me Ori.

I look at the blonde knelt beside me, blocking everything out around me to just study every detail of her perfect face. "You need to go to medical, okay?"

I continue to look at the blonde. Am I gonna speak or what? I shake my head in refusal, I hate medical, Leah knows that. This team knows that.

"You need to." Leah says given me a sturn look.

"No, no I'm fine." I try my best to insist convincingly while the world spins.

"I'll come with you..."

They aren't backing down, the most I can do is nod before I'm helped to my feet. Joe runs back with some ice for my face before helping Leah and Beth. I take a step, thinking I'm fine, when actually everything is spinning. I feel a hand in the small of my back steadying me.

"You're okay, we've got you."

No one's got me.

Leah's POV

Cold as Ice: The Heart of StoneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara