Chapter 29 - North London is Red

Leah's POV

Opening my eyes honestly felt like a battle, so I didn't bother. I awake but my eyes were still shut. I sort of knew this would be the case before I fell asleep as it was 2am and me and Rori, well...we partook in some very physical exercise last night.

Putting that to the side, I couldn't help the internal smile and happiness I felt. It feels like me and Rori are back on a good track. My heart feels so much more complete and in terms of her, she actually agreed on a truth word, which is huge progress for anyone who knows her. I couldn't really ask for more right now. I'm on cloud nine.

Speaking of which, I don't feel her. I feel around the bed blindly but it's cold and empty, the only thing I felt was a scrunched up pair of shorts, oh yeah, I remember taking them off in the night when I got hot. I'm in her house so I know she couldn't have gone far. I finally do what I've been dreading and open my eyes, rubbing them softly as they adjust to the light. I look to the side of me to grab my phone and see a piece of paper resting on top.

Le,
I've gone for a run. You looked way too peaceful to wake up so I thought I'd let you sleep some more. I'll make breakfast when I'm back.

Be back soon x

R, 𓆝

I literally have no idea how she managed to get up and go for a run, the thought of that for me right now is sickening. She has to much energy I swear to god.

On a separate note, I think it's adorable she chose to leave a little note rather than text me. I've always loved that about Rori—how sentimental she is, she knows I will keep this.

I fold the letter, getting up and put it into my jeans sprawled across the floor. I can't be bothered to get changed yet so I head downstairs into the kitchen in just a t-shirt and pants.

Soon enough, I hear the front door go. I call out but soon realise after hearing little squeals and more than one persons stomps, it isn't Rori.

Fuck.

Rori's POV

As I turn the corner and enter the gates of my house, I lean into my knees to catch a breath. I didn't want to run for as long as I usually do because I'm not sure what time Leah would wake and I want to actually make her breakfast, however I did push hard. When I look up, I notice another car in the driveway. I shake my head to check I'm not seeing things. Fuck that's my sisters car. I haven't spoken to her in a couple of weeks and she's just turned up unannounced.

Bollocks. I'm probably in trouble.

I walk in the house and hear laughing. Okay, that's a good sign. I slip my shoes off and call out for Leah.

"Kitchen." I hear faintly followed by little giggles. The gromits must be here.

Making my way through, I turn the corner and the first thing I see is Leah sat with Bonnie on her lap, my niece.

Izzy's eyes set on me, she looks...well I don't really know, pissed? I feel a thud at my legs as little arms wrap around my thighs, I look down and see Benny my nephew.

"Auntie Rori!" he tugs my damp shirt. "You will never guess what."

I gasp dramatically, getting down to his level on my knees, "What?"