Chapter 1: Moonlight and Immortality

Behind the mansion where a splendid party was being held, a woman was quietly strolling through the garden.

Silver hair shining brilliantly when struck by the moonlight.

Unrealistic features and purple eyes that emitted an enigmatic light.

The solitary woman's posture seemed mysterious at a glance.

"I need to catch my breath here for a bit."

She muttered while walking through the garden, exhaling a breath mixed with a touch of annoyance and irritation.

Lina's mood, once uplifted by the long- awaited festival, had completely vanished.

She couldn't enjoy the party due to the persistent stares and closeness of the men who approached her as soon as she arrived. Plus, the hastily purchased cheap shoes made her body even more tired.

Neither in the mood nor in the physical state to enjoy the party any further, Lina was wandering around, looking for a place to ease her swollen legs.

"Where can I sit down..."

As Lina looked around, her ears suddenly caught a sound from not far away.

'Water? Is there a fountain nearby?'

Thinking momentarily of sitting on the fountain, she quickly moved towards the sound.

Soon, an ivory- colored fountain with water flowing down came into view.

And then.

'Who's that?'

A man with black hair, seemingly devouring even the moonlight, caught her eye.

'A knight?'

The victory celebration party held today was mainly attended by knights of common origin or those with a title, even if they were nobles.

Because of this, Lina, thinking that the man was a knight, stared at him from afar.

But the man seemed unaware of his presence there, just standing in front of the fountain, his eyes closed and his brow furrowed.

'I was going to sit and rest there. Guess I can't.'

Lina, who had planned to sit alone by the fountain for a brief rest, changed her mind at the sight of the stranger and decided to leave.

'I'll just have to go somewhere else.'

Just as she was about to turn away, she caught the eye of the man, who had turned his head towards her.

Eyes of gold as hot as the midday sun.

Thump, thump, thump- .

'What's this...?'

As she met the man's golden eyes, her quiet left chest began to thump loudly, announcing its presence.

'Why is my heart...?'

Startled by the suddenly noisy chest pounding like a drum, Lina raised her hand to it.

'Is it beating like this?'

How many moments of silence passed? The man, as if offering his seat, began to move.

One step.

Another step.

The closer he got, the more violently her heart began to beat.

'I'm sure he's a stranger...'

As if intoxicated by the diluted moonlight, her body would not obey.