School Starts Already?! Part 2

When Sunny and Starflight had gotten to the school, a crowd of dragons were all ready there. It seemed as if crowds of dragonets from all tribes were coming from all directions, and that meant that they would need to set up quickly.

They landed and Venue almost immediately jumped off of her back, stretching and shaking her body. Mossstone climbed off after, sliding down her legs and joined his sister in a shaking competition. Starflight, who was holding the bags, let the bags drop down first to see how far the ground was before dropping.

"Let's go now! We'll be late!" Sunny exclaimed, grabbing her children by their tiny talons and flopping then on her husband's back. "Oh my gosh, I hope Clay and Peril is here."

"They are," Starflight said before running with his wings stretched out in front of him and his tail creating little curves in the dirt. "Is that Cloud?"

Above them, a dragonet was nailing the "Welcome Back to School" banner. It was Squelch.

"Hi, Squelch!" Mossstone yelled. "Hiiiiii!"

"Hi, Mossstone!" Squelch yelled back and flew down to greet them. "Hi, Mrs. Sunny and Mr. Starflight. Mom and Dad are inside right now."
"Thank you," Starflight smiled and then started jogging inside. Sunny followed him but was slowed down due to the weight on her shoulders. Hopefully Tsunami and Glory will be here soon.

-

"HURRY UP," Tsunami yelled through the foggy weather. What a perfect day to open up the academy. What AMAZING weather we're getting." She growled softly and turned her head to look at her family. Reed was right behind her and nearly number into her tail. Gill was above them, squinting in the fog and Seashell wasn't too far behind. Riptide was beside her, smiling.

"Dang, Tsu," Riptide laughed. "Chillax. You know we'll be there in like twenty minutes right?"
"I know but I can just barely see dragons from other tribes flying there, too. And nobody needs to see the headmaster late." She turned back to her children. "AND IF Y'ALL DON'T SPEED UP ITS DETENTION FOR ALL OF YOU."

"We're coming!" Gill yelled from above. Suddenly, he was in front of them, followed by Seashell and Reed. Then, they disappeared in the fog, leaving the two adults alone. Up ahead, it seemed as if the sky was parting to let in some light.

"Right when we land," Riptide said. "I'll get you set up and then I have to go to the ToP meeting."
"There's no war going on, so why are they continuing?" Tsunami asked him.
He shrugged and his light blue shoulders shook. The bag he was carrying seemed to weigh him down.
"Nautilus said he was retiring to live in the Deep Palace, although I doubt that he's gonna be living there."
"And with the chaos of Anemone being pregnant, I can just imagine what Pike's going to say," Tsunami laughed. "I can't imagine what their dragonets might look like." They laughed together, and soon they saw their kids on lower ground, playing with one another and then disappearing into the mountain.

"Not going to lie, I'm kinda scared," Tsunami admitted when they landed. She shook out her wings and stretched, eyeing the foggy sky.
"You've been a teacher here for how long? Ten years?" Riptide asked.
"Eight," she corrected.
"Eight years and you're scared?" He snorted and chuckled. They walked inside, only to find their dragonets looking confused (Reed in particular). "If be surprised."

"I'm glad I married you," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder. He was about a couple inches taller than her, and she wasn't very happy about it. "I'm glad I said yes."
"I'm glad I proposed, Tsu."

-

Hyacinth couldn't wait any longer. They've been flying for two days straight, and she was ready to use her animus magic to just teleport there, but mom and dad had said no.

"It's too dangerous!" Mother had said, her smile sweet and completely not saying "use one spell and you'll be banished" (foreshadowing the future!). Hyacinth was tired of it. So, while in the air, she did multiple tricks and flips. Poisonwing copied her and blew his fire into the air, heat crackling between them.

"What do you think is your breath?" He asked.
"Stinky from all the meat we just ate an hour ago," she mused. He barked a laugh.
"You know what I mean." He brushed his wing with hers and flew above her. "What's your breath?"
She shrugged. "I could try."

From deep below her, she growled softly, holding her breath as if she were holding a burn in front of the queens of the different tribes. Then, she let out the imaginary burp.

Out of her mouth came dark black smoke, which had sparks of flames in it. She stopped and flew upward when the wind blew it toward her. She looked up at her brother when she realized that her whole family had stopped to look at her. She raised a brow.
"What?"
"That was. ." Poisonwing started.
"Loud," Kolluth finished for him. Their scales were peach with surprise.
"That looked deadly," Father said. "Like. . Really deadly. Deadlier than me! Can you imagine!" The bag in his talon shook when he moved it.
"Well good," Hyacinth smiled, lifting up her chest. "Now we all know that I'm the deadliest dragon ALIVE."
Kolluth snorted and turned to fly away. Glory smiled at her and followed him.

Then, after ten more minutes, they reached Jade Mountain and dropped to the front of the school. A couple of Skywings had made themselves home at the front before the school had opened for the day. Hyacinth could spot a couple of Seawings and got an excited shiver go through her body.

They walked to the enterance and was met by Sunny, who was dealing with a Sandwing family. The family walked away and Glory walked up to her smiling.
"Glory! Deathbringer! You came!" Sunny exclaimed, bouncing over to hug her. "And Hyacinth is coming g this year?"
"Yes," Glory smiled. "Too bad there won't be any substitute queen when we're gone for our anniversary."
"We could always 'you know' while they're gone," Deathbringer grinned and Poisonwing gagged.

"Can we go inside?" Kolluth asked. "Just because it is sunny now doesn't mean it'll stay like that forever."
"No." The yellow Sandwing made a "tsk" noise. "We aren't allowing anyone to come in until afternoon and when Fatesspeaker comes with Equalwings, her daughter."
"She had dragonets?" Glory narrowed her eyes and smiled. "Who was silly enough to marry her."
"Glory," Deathbringer scolded. He made a face and Glory made one right back at him.

"Fine, we'll sit outside," Hyacinth said, smiling a force smile. She turned around and immediately frowned before laying under a tree. She saw a little bunny hop somewhere on the horizon of her vision. She looked around, noticed that her brothers were coming toward her, and dove toward the rabbit.

She reached for it, but when it noticed her, it kicked up dirt in her face and ran off. That's how its gonna be? She thought bitterly, spitting and wiping the dirt from her face. She dove back over it and caught it. Time to see what my power can really do. From deep inside of her, she burped and out came the black smoke from her mouth. Right when it touched the rabbit, it screamed in agony and burst into flames. She stepped back, her eyes wide and her scales green, clashing with her rose gold necklace and bracelet. After the animal was charred, it shook like it was having a seizure and blew up into black and orange dust.

Hyacinth was quiet, beads of tears burning her eyes. She stepped back and ran back to her tree, trying to calm down her scales, but she couldn't. When her brothers asked her what was wrong, she didn't speak. When they went down to investigate, all they would find is a pile of innocent black dust on the ground, stained with drops of dark red blood and a rabbit scent.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Did this chapter feel short to you guys cus I sure did to me. I managed to get this done in two hours and then I fell asleep and realized I have this to worry about. And then my friend was asking me to be her valentine and I'm like: NO BIATCH VALENTINE'S ENDED. GIRL NO. Umm. ANYWAY.

💅