Voice from the past

"Sit down, don't be shy." The old lady pointed to a flowered sofa in front of which was a small table. First and Khaotung somewhat hesitantly lowered themselves into the cushions of the sofa and placed the chocolates on the small table in front of them. "Did you guys want to bribe me with these?" Yin asked, with a sly smile on her lips.

"To be honest, yes. It was our professor's idea, he said you like chocolates." A shy smile spread across Khaotung's lips.

"I guess your professor told you my biggest secret," with a giggle, the old lady disappeared from the room for a moment.

"Did I mishear or did she say earlier that she was already expecting us?" Whispered First, to Khaotung.

"I don't think you heard wrong, I mean I heard that too."

"And I meant it exactly like I said, my dear boys." With a friendly smile on her lips, Yin returned to the room and placed a tray of cookies on the table in front of Khaotung and First before sitting down in an armchair across from the two.

"I'm sorry, did our professor announce us or why were you expecting us?" Inquired First, who got a really strange feeling in the stomach area.

"No, your professor didn't announce your visit," The old lady looked at the two students, mysteriously. "You want to know about the Royal family and Puitrakul clan and what this has to do with you, am I right?"

"Um yeah, but how do you...."

"You don't have to worry about that for now Khaotung. The only thing you two need to know is that I can help you. Nudge you a little in the right direction, everything else you'll have to figure out on your own." A bell-like giggle crept over the old woman's lips.

"We should leave," First mouthed to his friend. But the latter shook his head.

"How exactly are you going to help us?"

"I am a historian." Yin laughed. "And I might have one or two diaries of the missing Puitrakul son," She stood up and walked to a desk, opened a drawer, and took out two notebooks wrapped in dark leather. "Here these are for you Kanaphan." The old lady handed the books to First. "Please treat them well, I promised someone a long time ago to take good care of them. "

"Um...thank you very much," First stammered.

"And for you Thanawat," Yin smiled at him. "I got this." She pressed an envelope into Khaotung's hand. It looked old, already yellowed around the edges.

"What is...?"

"No questions, everything you need to know is hidden in these things." The old lady had a satisfied expression on her face. "I'd like to lie down for a while now, you'll have to excuse me, I'm not the youngest anymore."

"Oh no don't worry, I...we...were just leaving anyway." Stammered Khaotung.

"It was nice meeting you." With a friendly smile, First thanked the old lady, and together with Khaotung, he left the house.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"A really strange lady, don't you think?" Khaotung turned to First once Yin's house was no longer in sight.

"She seemed intangibly familiar to me in a strange way as if I had met her before."

"But that's impossible, isn't it?"

"Tung, by now I don't even know what is possible and what isn't. All of this is incredibly confusing and strange, and I just want my old life back before the nightmares." First sat down on a bench at the side of the path.

"I can very much relate to that, I don't feel any different." Khaotung sat down next to the other.

"But there is one good thing about it." First smiled softly.

"And that would be?"

"You're finally talking to me." Khaotung felt the tinge of blush in his cheeks.

"I did before, didn't I?"

"Before, you did everything you could to avoid running into me," First looked down. "All the while, I just wanted to get to know you, to know if there was another Khaotung hidden behind that beautiful face and clever head of yours."

"So, what did you find out?" Khaotung tilted his head slightly, cheeks blushed, one of the most adorable sights he'd ever seen, First noted.

"I'm incredibly fond of the Khaotung I'm talking to right now, and I'm very glad that this project brought us together," Was his answer.

"Oh would you look at that, the jock's got a soft side," Khaotung laughed outright and received a gentle slap on the shoulder from First for this remark. But First was right, they were incredibly lucky to have found not only the person who understood their nightmares but also someone to talk to. And Khaotung would rather die than admit that he had been incredibly fond of First from the beginning if it weren't for his stupid jock friends, who didn't exactly put First in the best light.

"Do you think Milk and Love are finally dating?" First suddenly interrupted Khaotung's thoughts.

"Where did that come from now?" Khaotung asked with a laugh.

"I don't know, just like that," First shrugged. "What do you think? Yes or no?"

"If not I'll eat a broom, you can tell these two have feelings for each other from 40 miles away."

"This group project probably should have been renamed Tinder for my students by Professor Ayutthaya." First laughed at his joke and Khaotung joined in.

"Even though there's only one couple among the project partners so far, that was a good one, I'll give you that." Khaotung brushed a strand of his hair out of his face.

"So far? Do you think Sea and Jimmy will end up together?" Snorted First.

"No...of course not, I'm just saying, it could be that one or two more couples will find each other." Khaotung fumbled with his fingers. Why did he suddenly feel so nervous? Well it was rare for First and him to spend time alone together, maybe it was just an unfamiliar situation.

"Hey Tung, shall we go to my place together, open the envelope, and rummage through the diaries together?"

"I have a feeling I'd rather open the letter alone, no offense Fir, you'll be the first to know what was inside okay?" Khaotung smiled at First, an apologetic smile.

"Why would I object to that Khao? I would never push you to do something that you don't want, okay?" Khaotung's heart made a little jump. What the hell was wrong with him today? It was almost like he was on a date with First, at least his body was acting like that was the situation.

"I'll call you later Fir, and maybe we'll know more by then." Khaotung stood up and shouldered his bag.

"Yeah, maybe we'll know more by then," First muttered as he looked after Khaotung.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───