Similarities

First was tossing and turning in bed, sweat had formed on his forehead, the bed looked desolate, his pillow was on the floor and his comforter was half hanging off his bed.

"No...please don't...I...what did I do wrong... "More and more panic was reflected in First's voice. " "No...no...nooooo." He woke up jerkily, jumped out of bed, and was about to run out the door when he realized he was in his room. His heart was pounding up to his throat, his hair standing out in wild strands from his head. Panic was reflected in his eyes as he let himself slide to the floor, breathing heavily, against his wall and remained huddled in the corner. Tears, which he wiped away in annoyance, ran down his cheeks.

"Why the fuck do I deserve this? Why do I always have these nightmares?" He muttered, trying to calm himself down. But he would not be able to find sleep again that night.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You look like shit," Khaotung greeted his project partner as he appeared at one of the tables on the school grounds.

"Please refrain from commenting," First ruffled his hair, "I've barely slept, I've had a horror night, I don't need your hostility." Khao's features softened abruptly, a hint of concern reflected in his eyes.

"Nightmares?" He asked softly as he sat down with First. The latter tilted his head, wondering if he should tell Khaotung about the nightmares. He hadn't talked to anyone about them yet and had always been afraid his friends would laugh at him. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay." Khaotung took a deep breath, he didn't even know why he was about to tell First about his nightmares, didn't he hate him? But somehow he wanted to make the other feel not alone, and himself as well. "I have nightmares too, they keep coming back...it feels like it's choking my throat every time." First's eyes got big, he climbed down from the table and sat on the bench across from Khaotung.

"You have nightmares too?" Khaotung nodded.

"Pretty bad ones. It started a while ago, just like that, out of nowhere."

"It started suddenly for me too. I never had nightmares before, and then at the beginning of the year it suddenly started." First's gaze glazed over as he recalled the night the dreams had started.

"The beginning of the year you say? It's been going on for about half a year longer for me. Since then, though, I've had the same dream almost every night....the dream of my own...."

"...death." First had cut the other off, guessing what Khaotung was getting at. "I also dream of my death." A silence fell over the two unequal project partners. They had never thought they had anything in common, even though they probably wished it wasn't necessarily nightmares that connected them both.

"None of this makes any sense," Khaotung muttered. "I mean a lot of my friends have nightmares, some more regularly, but I don't know anyone who has the same dream that often, over and over again. Especially not one that popped up so suddenly." First looked up and placed his head in the palms of his hands.

"Me neither, if I'm honest...it's very strange."

"But anyway, enough talking. And don't you dare tell anyone about this, especially your super awesome bully friends, okay?" Khaotung hissed imploringly.

"I haven't even told them about my dreams, so why should I tell them about yours?"

"Don't know. Because you don't care about me?"

"Khaotung cut the crap, I've told you before that I have nothing to do with that." First took out the papers for their project from his bag. "Can we start now?" They spent some time exchanging ideas about how far they had come so far in their research.

"The last king seems to be the most interesting." First placed a picture of the royal family in front of Khaotung's nose. A sudden stabbing pain ran through Khao's head as he looked at the picture. Flashbacks from his dreams came to his mind. He held his temples and suppressed a cry of pain.

"What's wrong?" First stood up, concern in his gaze as he placed a hand on Khaotung's shoulder.

"I don't know," Khaotung pressed the words over his lips, finding it almost impossible to speak.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?" Khaotung shook his head.

"Water...I need water." First took out a bottle of water from his backpack, which Khaotung gratefully accepted and almost completely emptied. He took a deep breath, miraculously the pain was gone as sudden as it had come.

"What just happened to you?" The shock was written on Firsts's face.

"I...I don't know," Khao muttered, still a little befuddled by the incredible pain. "But...as strange as it sounds, I think it has to do with that photo."

"What makes you think that?" First had sat back down on the bench across from Khaotung.

"It has something to do with the dreams...I recognize the family..." Khaotung was packing up his things. " I think I'll go home now, get some rest. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?"

"Yes, of course, everything is fine. I had arranged to meet Sea and Jimmy anyway. Do you want me to accompany you home or can you handle it alone?" Khaotung grinned weakly.

"Now don't act like you're worried. Don't worry, I'll be fine on my own."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───