A few days after Khushi came back and the novelty faded, he was back on brat mode. The more he stayed at home the more he got annoyed. All his friends had joined colleges. He was the only one who stayed home. He had music classes but they were not enough to keep him engaged. An empty mind a devil's workshop. It proved right in his case.

He was taking driving lessons from his grandfather every morning. That day his grandfather had to to go out on business call. He was annoyed because he had to spend the morning twiddling his thumbs. He walked into his mothers room hoping she was free to play chess with him. He saw her on a conference call and sighed in frustration. She was Chairman of an MNC. Her time was not her own. Now that she was back on her feet, she was almost alwyas busy. 

She saw him come in and put the call on hold.

"Kuch chaye bacha?"

"I am getting bored, mumma" He whined.

Khushi sighed. She knew that very well. The decision to take a year off did not sit well with her. She wanted to tell him to go and join the college, but hesitated.

"I will be done in an hour, we can play then?" She suggested with a smile.

Vikky bobbed his head and left. One hour became two and then three. Khushi was still caught up in work. Vikky was annoyed. His dad never gave false promises. If he said he would come back in an hour he came back in an hour. He went in and knocked on his mothers room again. She looked up and sighed.

"A few minutes more, vikky...."

"It's been there hours, mumma." Vikky was frustrated. "You said one hour."

"The meeting is important, beta....."

"Fine! I am taking the car out. I will be back in thirty minutes."

"What" Khushi's eyes widened in shock. "Uncle wapes aa gaye kya?"

"Nehi, pops sham tak nehi ayenge. I will take a car for a spin. Bye"

He turned to go. Khushi shut the laptop and chased behind him. She saw him grabbing the keys and took it from him.

"Vikky you do not know how to drive. Let your pops come back...."

"No mumma, I am bored. And I know how to drive. I will only go to the play ground where we practice. I am familiar with the place. I will manage. Bye." Vikky took the keys back from her.

"Vikky mere baat sun, bacha. It is not safe...." Vikky hugged her without giving her a chance to protest and walked out. Khushi followed behind him. She was overwhelmed with worry. She wanted to command him to stay back but they were just building a relationship. She did given him enough reasons to hate her. She did not want to add on to that. 

"Let me come with you, give me ten minutes Vikky. I will end the meeting and come"

"Aapke meetings kabhi khatam he nehi hote mumma. It's okay. I will be back in thirty minutes. Aap stress maat lo"

He sat down in the car without paying heed to her pleadings. He started the car without a second thought and pressed the accelerator. The car zoomed ahead. Vikky panicked. It had never happened before, because Vedant always urged caution. He forgot the first rule of driving and pressed the gas hard. 

Khushi's eyes widened as she saw the car zooming ahead. 

"Break daba, Vikky" She yelled in fear. Vikky knew he should hit the breaks but in his panic he did not remove his leg from the accelerator. The car zoomed ahead and crashed into the neighbors gate. The gate broke into pieces. The jolt, made Vikky leg slip from  the accelerator. he remembered to press the break. The car came to a scratching halt right before the neighbors house. The old couple rushed out to check. They were shocked to see the condition of the gate, but more scared about Vikky. They had seen him grow up before their eyes. The old lady baby sat him as a kid. The man rushed to help Vikky out of the car.