-Chapter 2-

Sadhna saw Vikky and recognized him immediately

Sadhna saw Vikky and recognized him immediately. Vedant had showed her the boys pictures when they on the flight. She approached him immediately.

"Vikky, right?"

Vikky could only nod his head.

"Apke dadaji andar hai, he gained consciousness a few minutes ago, he is waiting for you. Go meet him."

Vikky rushed inside immediately. His pops lay on the bed looking pale and fragile. Vedant Malhotra was a larger than life character. He was his super hero, his partner in crime. How could he fall sick on him?

Vedant saw Vikky come in gave a tired smile. His amber eyes filled with love. He held out his hand, motioning Vikky to come to him, but Vikky stood rooted to his spot. He was not prepared to see his pops so vulnerable.

"Ajaa baccha" Vedant's voce was hoarse. Vikky's eyes filled up, he rushed to his side immedaitely.

"I am fine, bacha." Vedant caressed his face gently, "Dekh, I am perfectly fine."

Vikky looked away to hide his tears. Vedant tried to get up but Vikky pushed him back gently, "Kya kar rahe ho, pops. Lete raho aap. Please." A stary tear escaped his eyes. Vedant wiped it away gently.

"Rotey nehi bachha. Tu to mera sher hai na? My brave, bacha?"

"Itna brave bhi nehi banna mughe, pops. You cannot scare me like this. You are supposed to be strong. You are supposed to......"

"Vikky, Vikky calm down beta...."

"I do not want to calm down pops. You are 58, for god's sake you need to slow down. How much do you want to earn? Don't we have enough?"

Vedant sighed, "We have enough Vikky, but we need funds for the business. Your buddy has only one dream, beta. I want him to have that." His eyes filled with sadness, "I want to see him happy."

"Buddy is happy, pops. If you keep working yourself into the grave, he will not appreciate it. We already have a thriving restaurant. Pops got the loan for the resorts, why do you insist on running around? Ever heard of retirement old man?"