-Chapter 13-

Kasauli was what Vivek needed to unwind and relax

Kasauli was what Vivek needed to unwind and relax. The fresh air, the serene atmosphere helped him unwind and relax. Seeing Khushi again after seventeen years had rattled him. The love that he had buried long ago came back to haunt him. He needed time to detach himself from the reality. That was the only way he could survive.

Vikky jumped into Vivek's bed and made himself comfortable. The drive had exhausted him. His pops had retired to his room the moment they arrived. They all needed to rest. They had arrived the day before but were too tired to explore. Now that they rested enough Vikky was ready to have fun.

"Kitne ache resort hai buddy. I just love it. Its so cool. Must have cost a bomb"

It did. Vivek did not tell him that. He had booked the best in the city. He wanted to give his son the best experience. Seeing Khushi reminded him of what Vikky could have, if she had raised him. He would never be able to give him the same luxury but he could give him the best of what he had. If it mean he had push back a year on his new car, he could gladly do it. New car could not give Vikky the same happiness the vacation could give.

"Pool chale? I want to swim?"

"Why don't you ho and explore the resort bacha? I need to balance this moths accounts. Its the end of the month. It will take me an hour. I will join you after I am done."

Vikky did not argue and got up. The five star resort excited him to no end. He had never been in such an expensive place before. He always assumed they could not afford such places. His buddy's business must be booming for him to book such a pricy place. He was happy. The woman who married his buddy will not want for anything. He made his way out happily.

The staff greeted him with a smile and offered him a welcome drink as he made his way to the pool. Vikky was thrilled with the novel experience. He was thinking of lazing at the pool when he saw a few guests making their way to the banquet hall. A waiter came to him with a menu. Vikky was in no mood to eat, but he glanced though the menu. The prices made him gawk.

"Anything sir?"

Vikky would never dream of ordering anything. Each item was more than his pocket money for a month. What was his buddy thinking? The place was way out of the league.