Leaving

We left the hospital, checking out. It took me a little while to get to the main entrance downstairs, but I managed with Max by my side. He kept carrying Me, not taking no for an answer, but I didn't need to be babied.
  Once we were out of the hospital, I started thinking about home and how I was getting there. So I started calling for a cab.
   " What are you doing?"
" Calling for a cab so I can go home."
" You're joking.  I'm taking you home."
I stopped waving for a cab and looked at him, utterly confused.
" I thought you came with my uncle."
" No. I came straight from the office. I wanted to make sure you were ok."
"Got it, and Where's your car?"
" It's up the hill, near your previous room."
" Oh boy. I don't think I'm going to make that."
" I know you're not. That's why I'm going to carry you."
" You what?"
   Before I could blink, Max lifted Me and started walking up the steep hill. I was surprised that he wasn't even breathing heavily.  But thank god there weren't too many people walking on the sidewalk, or he would be huffing.
   I was slowly starting to drift off in his arms. His touch was warm and comfortable, so I took advantage; I closed my eyes, trying to forget about everything that had happened today. It was challenging, but it wasn't impossible. Suddenly, I realized that we stopped moving.

" Why are we stopping?"
"We've arrived at my car."  I looked near the curb and saw a black Porsche parked, looking glamorous. Max set me on my feet, and I just stood there. I didn't know he drives a Porsche, but it makes sense for a billionaire. He walked over to the car's passenger side and opened the door for me. I stepped forward but hesitated. The last time I was in the passenger seat of someone else's car was when I escaped. But Max's car had a safe feeling just by looking at it.
   I hopped to his car and slowly lowered myself onto the passenger seat. I started to lean forward to swing my legs over, but Max decided he would do it for me. He leaned down and lightly moved my legs under the glove compartment.
" Are you comfortable?"
" Yeah, I'm good."
" OK."  He closed the door and walked to the driver's side. While he did that, I looked around the vehicle's interior. It had brown leather seats with black outlining. It was very luxurious looking.
   He opened the drivers door and got In himself. He closed the door and started the car with a roar. I felt a little short, so I reached down the side of the door and adjusted the seat.
" I thought you said you were comfortable."
  " I was."
" You're too funny."  
Max put the car into drive and drove off. We headed towards the airport, which I thought was confusing.
" Where are we going?" I asked.
" We're getting out of here for a few weeks."
" But I don't have any of my clothes."
" My assistant is going to get them for you." I wouldn't say I liked how he assumed I'd like the clothes his assistant picked out.
" I would like to stop at Abby's apartment to get the clothes I like."
" I told you my assistant will get them for you."
" Your assistant probably won't grab the clothes I like to wear." I heard him sigh at that comment, but he agreed.
  " Alright. We can stop. I did say I would help you pack."
  So we headed to Abby's apartment.